Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
S/o - do you swear
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 03 2020, 11:49 am
I wish I didn't TMI Although, I do watch my mouth in front of my kids (as well as others' kids).
My hachlata this year was to watch what comes out of my mouth. It's hard to control your thoughts, so I thought if I work on watching what comes out, eventually it will effect how I think.
It's not working so great, but I'm a work in progress.

ETA - I did not grow up this way, I never heard foul language at home. I picked this up at my first job where the guys threw around 4-letter words all day long.

sequoia

Post Tue, Nov 03 2020, 11:52 am
What the actual ************ *********** ******* ****?
Why would you think that I swear?

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Nov 03 2020, 11:53 am
I dont cuz I just find it gross and I hated when I heard my mother say curses when I was a child

PeanutMama

Post Tue, Nov 03 2020, 11:55 am
I try not to but it’s hard.

Grew up hearing it and used it often as a teen with my friends and now I say four letter stuff if something falls or I stub my toe etc and longer stuff if I’m very very mad lol

My husband says hashem is trying to tell me not to say bad words when these things happen 😅😅😅😅😅

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Nov 03 2020, 11:58 am
No. But in a moment of intense anger I have and usually not loud enough for anyone else to hear. I immediately felt bad afterword.
I’m very sensitive when I hear other people swear . It makes me feel extremely uncomfortable.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Nov 03 2020, 11:59 am
No. The worst word I’ll say is cr@p, and not so often. My husband uses all the words, and I hate it.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Nov 03 2020, 12:00 pm
No but a lot of my friends do.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Nov 03 2020, 12:01 pm
No, and I am disgusted by the casual swearing that surrounds me in my workplace. I find it distasteful that it is considered perfectly acceptable in a place of business.

Last edited by amother on Thu, May 06 2021, 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Nov 03 2020, 12:02 pm
I just don't understand why some words are arbitrarily considered really bad swear words over others with the exact same meaning.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 03 2020, 12:14 pm
I guess I'm the odd man out Wink

zaq

Post Tue, Nov 03 2020, 12:17 pm
Just curious, what is this a spinoff of?

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Nov 03 2020, 12:21 pm
No. I've conditioned myself, in a moment of overwhelming stress or anger, when a word will inevitably slip out- to twist the word. So "shoot". , "fuch", whatever...

It helps take the edge off

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Nov 03 2020, 12:21 pm
zaq wrote:
Just curious, what is this a spinoff of?

Sequoia’s thread? 🤷🏼‍♀️

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 03 2020, 12:25 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
Sequoia’s thread? 🤷🏼‍♀️

👆

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 03 2020, 12:26 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
No. I've conditioned myself, in a moment of overwhelming stress or anger, when a word will inevitably slip out- to twist the word. So "shoot". , "fuch", whatever...

It helps take the edge off

Yes, I tried that too. "Oh sugar" or " what the flute", etc...

Chickensoupprof

Post Tue, Nov 03 2020, 12:27 pm
I try not to but oh it reliefs me sometimes to curse and especially in Dutch ''VERDOMME NOG AAN TOE...''

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Nov 03 2020, 12:30 pm
Oh **** yes!

(Not around children or folks I know who would be pretty sensitive about that.)

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Nov 03 2020, 12:46 pm
Chickensoupprof wrote:
I try not to but oh it reliefs me sometimes to curse and especially in Dutch ''VERDOMME NOG AAN TOE...''

Oh I swear in German and Russian all the time

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Nov 03 2020, 12:47 pm
Never.

Never heard my parents, siblings or DH swear.

Never heard my children swear, BH.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Nov 03 2020, 12:52 pm
No way. I cringe when I hear it, and when I hear people walking down the street dropping the F-word EVERY OTHER WORD. I'm like hello... GET A LIFE! Or at least a vocabulary.
But it's funny cuz I've gotten desensitized to a lot of things over the past few years but that's something that still bothers me (and I hope it always does). Like when I watch a movie - I watch with subtitles - and I see a curse word coming and I mute it for that second cuz I don't wanna hear it lol. But other kinds of inappropriate things I don't have as much of a problem with (unfortunately!)
Not gonna deny that it must be so much more satisfying - I've had times when I was like ohhh... that word expresses my feelings SO WELL and I really wanna say it... but I can't. It won't come out. The worst I'll say is heck (and I had someone tell me once that that's a "bad word". I was like, um...)
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette