Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Insta vent
Previous  1  2

giselle

Post Fri, Nov 06 2020, 12:50 pm
I love Instagram. I find it entertaining. But it’s imperative to realize how fake it is. Once you’re armed with that info, maybe you can enjoy it. If it doesn’t spark joy, then definitely say goodbye.

amother
Brunette

Post Fri, Nov 06 2020, 1:19 pm
Op total feel you!

One of them is selling jewelry for $80, $90 that she claims she designed herself when you can get the exact same thing on Ali for 3.99! Her account is so fake! I just don't understand how so many people can fall for her fakeness!

allthingsblue

Post Fri, Nov 06 2020, 1:24 pm
So for me, I noticed it was creating an unhealthy fixation on externals. I got off, and I feel much happier, much less focused on looking perfect, much more confident. I do go on to check a recipe or a sale, but I'm not beholden to it anymore. I also hate the term "follower" and what it implies.

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Nov 06 2020, 1:41 pm
If the glitz and the glam is getting to you get off it. I don’t have the slightest interest in that part of Instagram. I don’t follow anyone who parties, vacations or parents like it’s Pinterest. I’m there for the art, the mental health stuff, and the memes. Maybe some parenting tips too.

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Nov 06 2020, 1:45 pm
Getting off instagram was so good for me! Of course it's disappointing that I'm missing out on the good parts, but overall it's a huge net gain for me to be finished with it. I'm in a much better frame of mind when I have control over who and what I'm exposed to, instead of allowing all of those random people and their stuff to occupy my thoughts.

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Nov 06 2020, 2:06 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
can I ask how you deleted your account? like is it completely off insta or you just blocked the app?

I uninstalled the app and I think I had to pause my account- I couldn’t delete it. For the first few weeks it was super hard. I was using it as a time to just veg and relax after a busy day. But it got easier with time.

amother
Amethyst

Post Fri, Nov 06 2020, 2:08 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
Lol the “being real@ posts are the most fake!!

Look, I’m being so real, I didn’t put on any makeup today, and not even using a filter!!!
Yippee!!
Or, so real, the oil dripped on my counter while I was filming my dinner cooking for you guys, but I didn’t even edit that part!
We are so impressed Smile Smile Smile

I hope the oil is fake. It can be dangerous to leave oil spilled - if it gets on something that goes near a fire, it can easily cause a house fire.

amother
White

Post Fri, Nov 06 2020, 2:25 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
You sound jealous.

Not jealous at all. Bh I can afford whatever luxuries I want.

zaq

Post Fri, Nov 06 2020, 2:47 pm
I cannot fathom why you would have any interest in the picayune details, or even the great big news, of the lives of total strangers to whom you have no connection. I also cannot fathom people who watch these things and then get depressed because their own lives aren't as organized, clean, wealthy, fashionable, fun, creative, and photogenic. You think that they're posting everything, unedited? These things are fairy tales. They post only the best shots, report only events that they want you to see, and even post total fiction. There's nothing to stop them from taking a picture in Tiffany's window and posting "look what DH got me for my bday!!"

By the same token I can't fathom why the people who post would want to share details of their lives with people to whom they have no connection.

amother
Turquoise

Post Fri, Nov 06 2020, 3:05 pm
Not sure why no one suggested to unfollow these fakers. I enjoy Instagram and don’t follow all these weirdos. I follow news, simchas, and stuff pertaining to my hobbies, comedians etc
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media