Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Chai Lifeline Toy Drive
1  2  Next

mommy100

Post Sat, Nov 07 2020, 10:45 pm
Please remove if this is not allowed

As you all know Chanukah is approaching. Every Chanukah Chai Lifeline puts together their annual toy drive to collect toys for families with children battling an illness.
Now we’re reaching out to you for your help in making these children and families wishes come true. Below is a link to an amazon wish list that consists of wishes that the children have asked for. You need to select ChaiLifeline as your charity in order to view the list. Pls help us honor their wishes so that we can bring some happiness and smiles to these children’s difficult lives. This year more then ever the children need your help.
Any gift purchased is greatly appreciated and will put a smile on a child’s face.

Please forward this to whoever you can so that we can reach our goal and give every child their wish.
Thank you

https://smile.amazon.com/hz/ch.....RR2Q9

amother
Brunette

Post Sat, Nov 07 2020, 11:23 pm
mommy100 wrote:
Please remove if this is not allowed

As you all know Chanukah is approaching. Every Chanukah Chai Lifeline puts together their annual toy drive to collect toys for families with children battling an illness.
Now we’re reaching out to you for your help in making these children and families wishes come true. Below is a link to an amazon wish list that consists of wishes that the children have asked for. You need to select ChaiLifeline as your charity in order to view the list. Pls help us honor their wishes so that we can bring some happiness and smiles to these children’s difficult lives. This year more then ever the children need your help.
Any gift purchased is greatly appreciated and will put a smile on a child’s face.

Please forward this to whoever you can so that we can reach our goal and give every child their wish.
Thank you

https://smile.amazon.com/hz/ch.....RR2Q9

Last year I let my kids look at the list and together we decided which toy to purchase. They were so excited to be involved in this great mitzvah! Thank you for posting, as it reminded me. I hope to do it again this year.

mommy100

Post Sat, Nov 07 2020, 11:42 pm
Wow that’s such a nice way to get the kids involved in it.

New items are constantly added to the list as more families send in their wishes. Every item on the list is designated for a specific child’s requests and gets send to them for CHANUKAH

Thank you and Tzikeh Li Mitzvah

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 1:20 am

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 2:21 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
do you work for chai lifeline? Thats the advertisement but really not how its allocated.sorry

As a CL recipient , I can tell you that its accurate how its allocated. families submit requests for each child and they prepare an unbelievable box!
tizku lmitzvos

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 2:42 am
I actually am also a recipient so speaking from experience

mommy100

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 8:35 am
No I do not work for Chai Lifeline I am a volunteer there and help run the NY toy drive annually.
I am sorry if you had a bad experience of some sort however we really do try our best to give each child their request.

cbsp

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 8:43 am
mommy100 wrote:
No I do not work for Chai Lifeline I am a volunteer there and help run the NY toy drive annually.
I am sorry if you had a bad experience of some sort however we really do try our best to give each child their request.

Thank you so much.

Is the link only for NY CL families?

Sunny Days

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 8:54 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
I actually am also a recipient so speaking from experience

Agree!

mommy100

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 8:54 am
The items on the list are all going to families that are serviced by ChaiLifelines NY branch.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 9:00 am
It’s really amazing how they work it. My 3 yr old is a patient & has some grand wishes LOL. Last year she got her wish of an iPad which has been/is a lifesaver every appointment & hospitalization.
Thanks so much & Tizku lmitzvos to all involved!

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 10:16 am
I used to be reluctant to donate to such a thing - like I felt toys are nice but isn't it more important to donate to causes that actually save lives?

Then my nephew got sick. My sister was running around all day and her kids were always shuffled to different relatives. My sister didn't have to much money to buy big pressents (or the time/headspace to wrap them) since she had to take a leave of work to be with my nephew, and was busy with him all day.

This toy drive was amazing from them. Chai lifeline gave her kids (the one who was sick and his siblings) every wish they ask for - it didn't matter how expensive it was. I still remember it today - my sister handing them then wraped presents and the kids excitement when opening them and playing - it was the first time in months that I saw them with such smiles. It did so much for my sister to see them so happy. And instead of feeling resentful that their parents weren't home to much during the rest of Chanukah bec of their brother, suddenly they were proud - telling people they got such good pressents bec their brother is sick. The pressents also kept them busy for hours and made life so much easier for my sister the next few months during the times they were home.

So now I have a totally different additude towards such a drive, it may not save actual lives but it really can make a big difference for families with a sick child. .

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 10:25 am
We used to be recipients too and the toy drive is one fundraiser I can really get behind. We got some incredible gifts during those years. An 18 inch bike and helmet, rollerblades, a fisher price doll house, big set of magnatiles, kitchen center, expensive wooden train set, among others. Grateful we’ve been bumped off their recipient list, but still miss those huge Chanukah deliveries.

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 1:41 pm
For those of you not in NY- your local Chai Lifeline probably has a similar list too. West Coast serves Hawaii through Colorado so this could really help them too. I know that they have had an increase in families needing their services and have probably had fewer donations due to Covid. And have to spend more on activities and help for the families because of COVID (for instance- they send projects and activities to the home for siblings because they can't have volunteers...)

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Nov 12 2020, 10:01 pm
I just ordered two items together with my kids. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to do chessed in such a nice and easy way!

jflower

Post Thu, Nov 12 2020, 10:34 pm
I was wondering how the dropoff works. What am I supposed to do once I receive the toys I ordered?

mommy100

Post Thu, Nov 12 2020, 10:51 pm
You can choose to have the toys shipped directly to Chai Lifeline when you do it directly from the wish list. Amazon gives you an option to ship to wish list registry address.
if not you can email them at toys@chailifeline.org to arrange a pickup or drop off.

mommy100

Post Thu, Nov 12 2020, 10:53 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
I just ordered two items together with my kids. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to do chessed in such a nice and easy way!

Thank you so much

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 1:16 pm
Bumping this

mommy100

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 7:02 pm
Hi guys I know it’s early but at Chai Lifeline our CHANUKAH Toy drive is already in full gear. This year wish list can be found using this link.

https://tinyurl.com/2u7npuzd

Thank you all for everything you do to help make these kids life a little happier.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics