Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Baby carrier for 30 lb?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 8:43 am
Because he just needs to be held all day & my back, hips & housework are not liking it...

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 8:54 am
Tula carrier? They have baby and toddler size.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 8:58 am
Uhhh... no
How old is the ‘baby’?

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 9:01 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
Uhhh... no
How old is the ‘baby’?

Some want to be carried all day and some don’t. What’s the problem? It’s shown to be beneficial for their growth and mental health.

behappy2

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 9:04 am
I had one that I used with a 3 and a half year old, but it was very difficult. Would not do that day in day out.

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 9:34 am
I love baby wearing and did it daily till my baby was 14 months (And occasionally till she was 3) and now do it with my infant but I can’t imagine STARTING to baby wear when baby is at that weight (I’m guessing 1.5 - 2 years based on baby’s weight?) when you baby wear from infancy your body adjusts to the weight as the baby grows. Even then carrying a 33lber is hard. Not to discourage you but just to be forthcoming

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 9:38 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
I love baby wearing and did it daily till my baby was 14 months (And occasionally till she was 3) and now do it with my infant but I can’t imagine STARTING to baby wear when baby is at that weight (I’m guessing 1.5 - 2 years based on baby’s weight?) when you baby wear from infancy your body adjusts to the weight as the baby grows. Even then carrying a 33lber is hard. Not to discourage you but just to be forthcoming

Thanks crimson & behappy2 & honeydew but I really don’t know what to do. It’s a 2+++ yr old actually but weak from treatments.

So I looked st the Tula & whoah! Did not expect it to be so expensive Mad

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 9:46 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks crimson & behappy2 & honeydew but I really don’t know what to do. It’s a 2+++ yr old actually but weak from treatments.

Also you need to make sure you learn to wear it properly; if you don’t you could hurt your back. I took a class with mine (ergo) years back But with covid I can’t imagine having classes. If you’re in Brooklyn I highly recommend a store in greenpoint called ‘wild was mama’ they let you try on the carries (and even have weighted dolls To practice.

https://www.shop-thewild.com/

behappy2

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 9:47 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Sad can you get someone to watch your baby for some time each day?

Do you have a swing?

When I wasn't able to hold my baby (bad night sleep, extreme fatigue) I would put her in a carriage and rock her back and forth with my foot while sitting on the couch.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 9:48 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
Also you need to make sure you learn to wear it properly; if you don’t you could hurt your back. I took a class with mine (ergo) years back But with covid I can’t imagine having classes. If you’re in Brooklyn I highly recommend a store in greenpoint called ‘wild was mama’ they let you try on the carries (and even have weighted dolls To practice.

https://www.shop-thewild.com/

Thanks that sounds great but we’re oot so will be buying online.
my back is really shot already Sad I don’t know what to do with this kid...

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 9:53 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks that sounds great but we’re oot so will be buying online.
my back is really shot already Sad I don’t know what to do with this kid...

I’m so sorry ☹️

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 10:11 am
behappy2 wrote:
Sad can you get someone to watch your baby for some time each day?

Do you have a swing?

When I wasn't able to hold my baby (bad night sleep, extreme fatigue) I would put her in a carriage and rock her back and forth with my foot while sitting on the couch.

I wish. But have not been successful. There’s also separation anxiety at play her & an issue with being immunocompromised that complicates finding someone.
He just needs to feel me & see me all day I guess... the rest of the day is pretty much spent cuddling him & telling stories... it’s when I try to actually do things that he gets sad & upset & begs me to hold me hold me or pulls my skirt down.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 10:13 am
Depending on where you live, there might be a babywearing group that has carriers to lend out. Google your town or state and babywearing group. You can also buy used pretty easily.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 11:45 am
I use my ergo baby 360 to wear my 30lb toddler...it’s not easy but sometimes he needs to be held and I need to make dinner and this is the only way for both of our needs to be met. I find a structured carrier with baby on your back to be more comfortable than just holding him or using my ring sling (which I also still use a fair bit)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics