Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Where to buy nice shabbos China?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 7:24 pm
My grandmother gave me a few hundred dollars to buy new shabbos China (desperately needed, and she wanted us to buy that specifically...). Besides Jewish local stores, where can I find online? Prefer a name brand like mikasa

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 7:30 pm
You will find the best prices and selection in the Jewish stores in my experience.
If you want to shop online look at Instagram to see impressions and east side China. And maybe the buzz. Call the stores and someone will help you over the phone like they can send pictures if you want to see something.
Of course you can always buy in a department store but I think the Jewish stores have better discounts

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 7:34 pm
I would check the mikasa outlet.
Or mikasa.com

srbmom

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 7:35 pm
Macys sometimes has great sales

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 7:36 pm
I got mine from the Lenox outlet in Woodbury common

lasagna

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 7:37 pm
I have a gorgeous set of gold rimmed noritake dishes from bed bath and beyond. I get so many compliments and the brand has a good replacement policy if they break.

Just keep in mind what u buy will probably be ur dishes for a very long time, so make sure it's something u love and not just bec it's the style

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 7:38 pm
I'm not into brands but I love mine I got myself last yr. It's not round neither square, something in between. Bought in local Jewish store. Matt gold thick designed rim. It's bone China. Company is brilliant-if it matters.

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 8:00 pm
Try Impressions store on Coney Island Avenue (near the Buzz).

Best selection and price.

Odelyah

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 8:02 pm
srbmom wrote:
Macys sometimes has great sales
yes I got our shabbos china there a few years ago and I love it BH. they have sales all the time and constantly switch off which products are on sale. leading up to the winter "holidays" is an especially good time to get a very good deal. you'll do better if you get an all inclusive set rather than individual pieces or settings, as the set will also include some nice serving pieces that would cost more if purchased individually. I see the 50 piece set I got a few years ago is still available, for example, though I paid less than the current price https://www.macys.com/shop/pro.....7786, but there are others. if you see one you like you can put it in your cart and wait a bit for the next big sale.

lasagna

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 12:29 am
[/quote] ... https://www.macys.com/shop/pro.....7786, but there are others. if you see one you like you can put it in your cart and wait a bit for the next big sale.[/quote]

That's my set! I just have it in gold

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 6:18 am
The Macys set is selling in gold for 300 50 pc set

https://noritakechina.com/50-p.....-3643

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.c.....-gold

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 6:20 am
It helps to give your location, and a picture of something you like.

Odelyah

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 7:18 am
Quote:
That's my set! I just have it in gold

nice! I didn't notice it in gold--the cobalt platinum is pretty too Smile

Iymnok

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 7:19 am
Regularly BB&B has Noritake 50pc sets for about $300. I got my wedding china there, then another set a few years later. I think they only have a few options.
Check the Noritake and Mikasa websites, they may have good deals if you sign up for the emails.

groovy1224

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 7:29 am
I got mine from macys. I did not want the 50 pc set, as I find that they include pieces I don't need or want- for example, I don't actually need 8 cups and saucers, because not everyone will want tea or coffee.

Instead we got the individual 3 piece settings, which included the dinner plate, salad plate, and soup bowl. This is cheaper than the 5 piece setting, we then bought supplemental pieces as needed.

happyone

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 7:58 am
lenox is closing their brick and mortar sites. The Lenox outlets are now greatly reduced. If you live in the Tri-State area try the Woodbury or Cranberry locations.

voiceofreason

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 8:22 am
I love Lenox. Dishwasher safe, bone china, good quality. Frequently have sales.

Odelyah

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 10:46 am
Iymnok wrote:
Regularly BB&B has Noritake 50pc sets for about $300. I got my wedding china there, then another set a few years later. I think they only have a few options.
Check the Noritake and Mikasa websites, they may have good deals if you sign up for the emails.

I think that's a good price-- I just checked and I got mine on sale from Macy's a few years ago for 327.25 plus tax

I'm really curious if the people recommending the Jewish stores in NY get same or better prices than 300 for a good 50 piece set (service for 8 including 3 sizes of plate, soup bowls, and cup and saucer, plus 2 nice serving pieces: a large platter and a vegetable dish)

rae

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 10:54 am
Costco has mikasa white swirl set/service for 8 for $79.99 in warehouse. You could get a service for 16 for $160.

LittleMissMama

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 11:20 am
I'd much rather buy something expensive from a big box store than a Jewish store, even if it meant paying a little more. Unfortunately, the latter have horrible return policies. If I noticed a chip or had an issue, I wouldn't want to deal with them. Sad but true
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics