Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
My 4 year old wakes me up
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 2:09 pm
All the time. I don't know what to do. Mostly mornings and naps bec she is lonely wants something. It's making me physically unwell.

Blessing1

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 2:13 pm
Sorry, but you're not supposed to be sleeping/napping when your child is up.
Unless there's someone else supervising her and she anyways wakes you, you need to tell the one supervising her to make sure she doesn't wake you. But you can't nap and leave a 4 year old unsupervised.

Last edited by Blessing1 on Mon, Nov 09 2020, 2:19 pm; edited 2 times in total

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 2:16 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
Sorry, but you're not supposed to be sleeping/napping when your child is up.

I need my sleep. Haven't recovered since she was born.

Blessing1

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 2:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I understand. But it's not her fault and it's not an excuse to leave a 4 year old unsupervised. If not napping is effecting your health, you need to get checked out.

Last edited by Blessing1 on Mon, Nov 09 2020, 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

mha3484

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 2:20 pm
Does she go to school?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 2:21 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
I understand. But it's not her fault and it's not an excuse to leave a 4 year old unsupervised. If not napping is affecting your health, you need to get checked out.

My doctor said I have CMV and Fibromyalgia. Now what? It doesn't make me need my sleep less. She is 4, not 2. Her 9 year old sister is around. Also I go to sleep early but need to first put 9 year old to bed and my 4 year old runs on a little less than average sleep.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 2:22 pm
mha3484 wrote:
Does she go to school?

Yes

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 2:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

So you need to hire somebody who can watch her while you sleep. I’m so sorry for your situation but it’s normal for a young child to wake up sleeping adults if the child is otherwise alone.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 2:24 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
So you need to hire somebody who can watch her while you sleep. I’m so sorry for your situation but it’s normal for a young child to wake up sleeping adults if the child is otherwise alone.

Are you kidding me? Did you consider that I probably can't work and am broke.

Blessing1

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 2:27 pm
If she goes to school, sleep when she's at school. If you need to sleep when she's home as well, you need to hire someone to watch the kids. Reach out to schools chesed programs.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 2:29 pm
Why am I not surprised at the responses? Sad

mha3484

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 2:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes

I am a little confused as to when she wakes up you. If its early in the morning you can have her play in your room or you can offer screen time until you are ready to wake up. If its after school maybe you can rest in the morning while she is out so you can have more energy to spend time with her.

I have on occasion offered my 10 year old son $5 to watch my 4 and 6 year olds play in the back yard. They play great together he mostly just keeps them from trying to go to the front of the house. It makes him feel bigger to earn money and he likes that its doing something that isnt helping clean up.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 2:32 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I am a little confused as to when she wakes up you. If its early in the morning you can have her play in your room or you can offer screen time until you are ready to wake up. If its after school maybe you can rest in the morning while she is out so you can have more energy to spend time with her.

I have on occasion offered my 10 year old son $5 to watch my 4 and 6 year olds play in the back yard. They play great together he mostly just keeps them from trying to go to the front of the house. It makes him feel bigger to earn money and he likes that its doing something that isnt helping clean up.

Bec she just wants ME. very attached.

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 2:33 pm
If she wakes you up too early in the morning, teach her how to serve herself breakfast.
In middle of the day- you need to find someone to supervise her. Do you have family nearby who can help? Can you ask the local high school to send over girls as part of their Chessed Program?

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 2:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

This is extremely troubling. I feel very sorry for your child who nebach has to wake her mother from naps. It is totally unsafe for her to be unsupervised very odd that you don’t seem to acknowledge this

Blessing1

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 2:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Why am I not surprised at the responses? Sad

What responses were you expecting? That it's ok to sleep while leaving kids unsupervised? If you need this much sleep, you need to hire someone to watch the kids. You can't expect to be able to sleep all the time and not have someone look after the kids.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 2:35 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
If she wakes you up too early in the morning, teach her how to serve herself breakfast.
In middle of the day- you need to find someone to supervise her. Do you have family nearby who can help? Can you ask the local high school to send over girls as part of their Chessed Program?

Bec in her words "I'm lonely" is all there is too it.

avrahamama

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 2:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Would she lay down in bed near you and watch a show or color?

My mom has fibromyalgia. It's awful. I'm so sorry. I hope you can find a way to heal and cope.

amother
Amber

amother [ OP ] wrote:
Bec in her words "I'm lonely" is all there is too it.

She won’t be lonely with a high school girl to play with, or a cousin/aunt/grandmother

amother
Rose

amother [ OP ] wrote:

She should be! She’s 4! That’s normal
For her. What’s not normal is the need for ongoing naps that your child has to wake you from
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers