Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Letter to teacher why your kid was not in school

tree of life

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 8:14 am
Just some light humour post.
My daughter is away from Israel and in miami she is getting up in the night to do school today she couldn't not go to school as, no Internet so I sent the teacher a message
(Hi bruchie Internet in miami is not working because there's a hurricane that's why she was not in school today have a, good day)
What's your funniest note you ever sent to a teacher why your kid was not in school.
I thought this was funny never thought I would have to write such a note

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 8:51 am
That’s 2020!
There’s a hurricane thousands of miles away and your daughter couldn’t get to school.what a modern world we live in.

WitchKitty

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 4:36 pm
My father once wrote me a late note for school:

Dear Mrs. M,
WithKitty is late to school today because she didn't come on time.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 4:41 pm
WitchKitty wrote:
My father once wrote me a late note for school:

Dear Mrs. M,
WithKitty is late to school today because she didn't come on time.

And of course it was signed, Epstein's mother Smile Uh, father.

suremom

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 4:46 pm
Dearest Teacher,

DD is late to school today because she wanted to hand you a late note.

xx

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 6:19 pm
"Older DD was late because younger DD couldn't find one of her school shoes and wouldn't wear her Shabbos shoes because they are Shabbos shoes."

MiracleMama

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 7:57 pm
I have a SN son who did a couple years in public school. I had to write a note excusing his absence every October 31st. Kids dress up for Halloween and he was terrified and absolutely would not go.

TwinsMommy

Post Thu, Nov 12 2020, 8:13 am
my kid missed plenty of school based on colon cleanouts. Encopresis and no backside reflex (so she never had the urge for the toilet so she never toilet trained for number two--- we could clean her out but not keep her cleaned out and she'd leak multiple times a day. We gave up on all the cleanouts and did a cecostomy tube and now she never misses school.

Dear teacher--- she was pooping herself 17 times today..... (no, I always just said she was sick)

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Nov 12 2020, 8:53 am
TwinsMommy wrote:
my kid missed plenty of school based on colon cleanouts. Encopresis and no backside reflex (so she never had the urge for the toilet so she never toilet trained for number two--- we could clean her out but not keep her cleaned out and she'd leak multiple times a day. We gave up on all the cleanouts and did a cecostomy tube and now she never misses school.

Dear teacher--- she was pooping herself 17 times today..... (no, I always just said she was sick)

Hugs.
That must have been challenging.go explain this to people out there.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Nov 12 2020, 10:17 am
My mom wrote, "Please excuse my daughter for coming late. She said she wasn't feeling well." I was in 12th grade but needed a note to get into class. The secretary glared at me when she read the note. Mind you, I was the type of student who was never late, so my word should have been good enough. Wink

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Nov 12 2020, 10:28 am
One morning, I was fumbling around in my dark room and I tripped and got really hurt and needed stitches. Needless to say, I did not go to school that day. The next morning, I was late, no real reason, I was just being a stubborn teen who didn't want to get out of bed. When the office lady asked for my excuse, I told her, well, you know what happened to me yesterday. Clearly, waking up is hazardous to my health! Mrs. M had a real sense of humor, she laughed so hard and said she couldn't give me an unexcused with such a hilarious answer.

amother
Red

Post Thu, Nov 12 2020, 10:33 am
I just wrote one a few minutes ago!

DD is late because she thought she might not be feeling well this morning. B”H she is feeling fine now!
(Feeling fine after a bagel and iced coffee for breakfast with lots of TLC)

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Nov 13 2020, 4:25 am
DD was diagnosed with epilepsy. After taking medictaton for about a month, we had to do an EEG, which necessitates staying up the night before and not going to sleep. I kept her up with a movie marathon but then had to tell her teacher why she wouldn't be joining classes that day (already zoom corona time)

dankbar

Post Fri, Nov 13 2020, 8:41 am
I once came late because my blow dryer gave off sparks & couldn't come to school with wet hair. Needed to go borrow one which was hard to get if everyone was blowdrying their hair then. Lol. Yes when I was in hi school there were no ponies in winter only freshly blow dryed hair.

I wasn't actually late to class but school decided then to lock the hallway doors 5 minutes before class time with the secratary as security guard taking the excuses & deciding if allowed in, sending to principal or writing down name for sitting detention.

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Nov 13 2020, 8:52 am
When I was in HS I shared a room with a sn sibling (my choice) & was up a few times a night with sibling. It worked well for me because I’m not a morning person & if I wanted to skip first period I was always excused because of “the matzav” LOL

One time the assistant principal asked me why I’m late- “oh, this morning I was wiping up a vanilla smelling yam suf” LOL (aka as feeding the bed or floor. Those with feeding tube experience chap the recent Wink)

She smiled & sent me into class
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics