Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Prophylactic Supplements and Hydroxychloroquine

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 1:13 pm
Hi,
I am wondering if people can post their experiences if they took supplements before getting COVID-19 and/or if they were treated with Plaquenil/Hydroxychloroquine while they had COVID-19. By supplements I mean Quercetin, Vitamin D, Vitamin C and zinc. This is just for my own curiosity and to calm my nerves about contracting it Smile Some questions I have are how long you were sick, the severity of your symptoms, and if you noticed a difference after taking Plaquenil.
Please do not turn this into a political discussion. I am only interested in hearing from people who have experiences with any of the aforementioned supplements/medication.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 2:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi,
I am wondering if people can post their experiences if they took supplements before getting COVID-19 and/or if they were treated with Plaquenil/Hydroxychloroquine while they had COVID-19. By supplements I mean Quercetin, Vitamin D, Vitamin C and zinc. This is just for my own curiosity and to calm my nerves about contracting it Smile Some questions I have are how long you were sick, the severity of your symptoms, and if you noticed a difference after taking Plaquenil.
Please do not turn this into a political discussion. I am only interested in hearing from people who have experiences with any of the aforementioned supplements/medication.

Hydroxychloroquine is old news.
No one who's gotten it recently is being prescribed/taking it.
There are more effective alternatives at this time.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 2:05 pm
when my husband got Covid I started taking zinc, quercitin, c and D
I got Covid a week later and had an extremely mild case

Mothers

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 2:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi,

I know more than one person (including close family member) who had serious adverse reactions from this drug. It should not be taken without good reason and/or under care of physician.

(I also know more than one person, who died while taking it.)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 2:29 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
Hydroxychloroquine is old news.
No one who's gotten it recently is being prescribed/taking it.
There are more effective alternatives at this time.

What alternatives can be taken without going to the hospital to get them?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 2:33 pm
double post

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 2:41 pm
1) Someone close had it in April and started taking hydroxy a week later. She has a heart condition bus still took it because she's in the 50's and had it very badly. She stopped taking it after 3 days when she got better. She still suffers from anxiety, insomnia and other complications from this virus.

2) A close person to her also in the 50's, got covid about 1 month ago. That person has had a heart attack a year ago and has a heart condition. She begged that person to take hydroxy immediately because she remembered how much it helped her. Person took it right away and was monitored by his heart doctor throughout and had a mild case bH.

3) another close person around the same age to her got it 4 weeks ago and she begged that person to take hydroxy immediately. Person was scared because has heart condition. This person's condition got worse and worse.. and passed away.

5) I know an elderly person who took the vitamins you mentioned and had a mild case bH.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics