Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Shredded vegetable kugel

emzod42

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 1:33 pm
Anyone have a good recipe for a shredded vegetable kugel? I'm remembering one I had years ago at someone's house. I think it had carrot, zucchini, maybe regular or sweet potato? It was mostly veggies, probably eggs to hold it together, maybe a little flour or matza meal but not much. Thanks!

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 1:59 pm
I don’t but I just want to say that I think all kugels come out better when the veg is cooked first.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 4:16 pm
Sauté onion, garlic, carrot & zucchini shreds along with any other veggies you like. Season well. Add eggs and bake.
If you don't want to sauté first, you likely will need oil and flour.

ez-pass

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 4:19 pm
Make it like you make potato kugel but use zucchini and carrot in addition to the potatoes.
Grate
Potatoes
Zucchini
Carrot
Oil
Eggs
Onion
Salt
Pepper

Tzippy323

Post Sun, Dec 06 2020, 2:03 pm
For years, I made a vegetable kugel at least twice a month. I used carrots, zucchini, onions, 1 stalk of celery, and 1 or 2 potatoes. But what made it really special was this: instead of oil, I would take a bunch of dill and sauté it in margarine. I would then add the dill and margarine to the veggies along with the eggs. This was an outstanding flavor that always got rave reviews.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes