Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
When students won't wear masks
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 9:39 pm
Any other teachers having problems with certain students not wearing masks or not wearing them properly? In my school the students have to wear masks all day unless it's lunch or mask break time. I have a handful of students who I consistently need to remind to put their masks on or wear them properly. These kids happen to be from a city that doesn't take covid seriously and don't wear masks. I get very angry now when I hear them making fun of masks or hearing that their parents don't think masks help. I want to tell their parents not to send them to a school that requires masks if they are going to make their kids feel they aren't necessary to wear! In the beginning I felt bad for the kids but I myself and my 4 year old have been doing it all day too and and it's honestly just about not being selfish. They are kids but it must be coming from their parents and I am getting so upset and frustrated by their lack of consideration towards others. I've had to call parents and involve administration but I'm just getting so fed up. Not only are teachers expected to work during a pandemic, but parents have the audacity to put in their kids minds that masks aren't a big deal and hundreds of thousands of deaths are a laughing matter? It's only November and I feel like I can't deal with it anymore.

Raindropsonrose

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 9:40 pm
Our schools policy is that if a student is unmasked at times they shouldn’t be, they’re asked to learn over zoom for a day. It solved most of the problems

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 9:45 pm
I would have admin deal with the parents. You can't be more strict than the school chooses to be, unfortunately, despite their official policy. And I agree that it's really frustrating to have parents openly mock it when it's the school rule. It's a big problem.

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 9:52 pm
I am a teacher. Personally I don’t care so much or believe that the masks actually help. When the kids sneeze and cough all over us it definitely goes right through these thin masks. People are still passing covid so might as well not stress about it. So many more important behaviors to address than mask wearing

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 9:53 pm
I think it should be taken at least as seriously as a dress code violation. I can't imagine that our school would permit a girl to remain in the classroom if she hiked up her skirt to mid-thigh every time the teacher looked away. Nor would it be tolerated for a boy to unbutton his shirt to the waist every time the teacher looked away.

I'm not a teacher, just a parent.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 9:57 pm
america'sfrontlinedoctors

You may find this short video helpful.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 9:59 pm
Thank you. I wish zoom would be an option for girls who don't listen. It's not the not wearing a mask properly that bothers me so much. It's hearing them openly mock covid and deaths and mask wearing that must be coming from their parents or community that is really bothering me. I am getting admin involved but it's just disheartening to know how little their parents or community care for rules and for others.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 10:02 pm
Poor kids. Regardless they are little. Have patience and compassion. Seems like you are putting resentment of an area on them which isn't fair. They are just innocent children. Keep reminding them. It's a tough time for everyone.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 10:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Any other teachers having problems with certain students not wearing masks or not wearing them properly? In my school the students have to wear masks all day unless it's lunch or mask break time. I have a handful of students who I consistently need to remind to put their masks on or wear them properly. These kids happen to be from a city that doesn't take covid seriously and don't wear masks. I get very angry now when I hear them making fun of masks or hearing that their parents don't think masks help. I want to tell their parents not to send them to a school that requires masks if they are going to make their kids feel they aren't necessary to wear! In the beginning I felt bad for the kids but I myself and my 4 year old have been doing it all day too and and it's honestly just about not being selfish. They are kids but it must be coming from their parents and I am getting so upset and frustrated by their lack of consideration towards others. I've had to call parents and involve administration but I'm just getting so fed up. Not only are teachers expected to work during a pandemic, but parents have the audacity to put in their kids minds that masks aren't a big deal and hundreds of thousands of deaths are a laughing matter? It's only November and I feel like I can't deal with it anymore.

If masks helps why is there such a thing as mask brake time? Isn't it interesting?
Their are kids that get a rash from the mask or it's very hard for them to concentrate while wearing one.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 10:10 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
If masks helps why is there such a thing as mask brake time? Isn't it interesting?
Their are kids that get a rash from the mask or it's very hard for them to concentrate while wearing one.

The mask break time is outside where the kids are supposed to be 6 feet apart. It seems to be just a coincidence that the only kids who make fun the masks or have difficulty are all from the city that don't require them and mock them. My issue again isn't the masks. It's the parents that choose to send their kids to a school that requires them and yet puts in their head that they are silly and unnecessary.

cbsp

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 10:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you. I wish zoom would be an option for girls who don't listen. It's not the not wearing a mask properly that bothers me so much. It's hearing them openly mock covid and deaths and mask wearing that must be coming from their parents or community that is really bothering me. I am getting admin involved but it's just disheartening to know how little their parents or community care for rules and for others.

I think amother linen got it correct. Look at it as an infraction of a dress code. Not that they're selfish (what does that even mean?) or that they're doing it to spite you. Your resentment is coloring how you're interacting with them and now you've personalized it instead of handling it professionally.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 11:15 pm
Just to highlight a point - what do you mean “not only are teachers expected to work through a pandemic...” ? Not sure what bubble you live in but every sector has people working ! Grocery stores, dentist offices, schools, shop keepers, doctors, therapists, nail salons . Everyone has to work to make a living!! If a person has something that makes him more susceptible, he has to make personal arrangements. Not sure why teachers are any different.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 11:19 pm
I'm a teacher, my students wear masks all day, the first week of school was hard but now it's much better and everyone basically always wears them. You don't have a mask issue though, you have a problem with the mind set of the parent body of your class, that's a different issue altogether

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 11:21 pm
You should t be a teacher if you resent kids from certain neighborhoods who don’t wear masks.

Masks are child abuse, unhygienic, unhelpful, and a bunch of lies.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 11:31 pm
Please people tell me what school your kids are and if they where masks all day. I think that’s really hard for kids and cruel especially since there is no proof that they help at all.
All the schools in boro park, Lakewood snd monsey that I know do not require marks worn.

Fuchsia

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 11:33 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
You should t be a teacher if you resent kids from certain neighborhoods who don’t wear masks.

Masks are child abuse, unhygienic, unhelpful, and a bunch of lies.

You have a very broad and unhelpful definition of child abuse.

Fuchsia

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 11:35 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
Please people tell me what school your kids are and if they where masks all day. I think that’s really hard for kids and cruel especially since there is no proof that they help at all.
All the schools in boro park, Lakewood snd monsey that I know do not require marks worn.

All schools outside of the ultra orthodox communities are requiring the kids to wear masks all day. So far everyone is still alive and well.

It is not cruel. It is true that they prevent the spread of respiratory particles that transmit the coronavirus.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 11:38 pm
My kids know I don’t believe in masks. I tell them all the time. And I do not allow them to wear them a second longer they are forced to! Masks are so unhealthy and makes things worse honestly. It is a school rule for them and therefore they do wear it a whole day bec they are forced. When they come home their masks are dirty and gross and gd knows how much bacteria is trapped in that nasty thing.
Op, you need to calm down and do more research. Masks don’t work!!

Fuchsia

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 11:45 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:

Also this is against the law, I believe.

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 11:46 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:

240,000 deaths vs a rash.

You decide which side you'd rather be on.
Page 1 of 9   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics