Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Are things in the from community much quieter?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 3:55 pm
Just curious if ppl are hearing as many cases of covid now or is it much less than yom tov time? I know we are at 3500+ cases a day in NJ ,but is that mostly outside the frum community?
Please daven for Shalom Mordechai bn Rivkah who is on a vent and in need of tefillos!

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 4:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Just curious if ppl are hearing as many cases of covid now or is it much less than yom tov time? I know we are at 3500+ cases a day in NJ ,but is that mostly outside the frum community?
Please daven for Shalom Mordechai bn Rivkah who is on a vent and in need of tefillos!

Oy vey is that SM Rubashkin? Refuah Shelaima!

Eisheschayil123

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 4:06 pm
No. just his first name is the same.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 4:07 pm
Eisheschayil123 wrote:
No. just his first name is the same.

SM parents are Aaron & Rivka.

amother
Green

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 4:16 pm
In Lakewood pretty quiet. You hear of a case hear and there but not widespread like around the yomim Tovim. But my kids do have 1-2 kids in classes quarantined.
It feels like it comes in waves.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 4:21 pm
It's definitely still going around. I know someone who was there for Shabbos and showed symptoms on Sunday.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 6:06 pm
May I rephrase OP?

Are there a lot of serious cases in the frum community, not just positive tests?

To me, hearing there are many new cases doesn't mean much. Back in April, we weren't just hearing of people with Covid, but of people in serious conditions.

I hope I'm not hijacking the thread and taking it in a different direction than OP intentended.

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 7:51 pm
More than a handful cases in my neighborhood this week. Dont know that anyone is ICU sick, but definitely not away yet!

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 7:58 pm
Maimonides has tons of covid cases (one of the most in the city) with several people in the ICU

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 8:02 pm
I work on a hospital, in a frum community , and our numbers are back up to what they were in April.

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 11:00 pm
Two teachers I work with, and my daughter's teacher are all out sick this week.

But only one of them tested.

Yippee. All's good. Keep moving along. Nothing to see here.

amother
Apricot

Post Sat, Nov 14 2020, 7:36 pm
Where I live there in PA are two yeshivos that were both in isolation with many positive cases. I also know a number of people in the community who tested positive. No serious cases that I know of B"H.

Just One

Post Sat, Nov 14 2020, 9:24 pm
I know several families down with Covid now. However I don't personally know of a single person in serious condition/passed away in the past few months, whereas in the spring I personally knew of more than a handful of people who passed away

Just One

Post Sat, Nov 14 2020, 9:27 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
I work on a hospital, in a frum community , and our numbers are back up to what they were in April.

Are majority of the people as critically ill as in April? Or are there more in moderate to stable condition hospitalized for treatment or as a precaution?

ROFL

Post Sat, Nov 14 2020, 9:31 pm
I have heard of a few deaths these last two months. But in the last two weeks more positive case. Some hospitalized and some being kept at home with hatzalah providing oxygen and doctors doing a lot of home visits. Anything to keep folks out of hospitals. But if Chas shalom not watched carefully they are in big trouble.

amother
White

Post Sat, Nov 14 2020, 10:37 pm
Mt. Sinai has over thirty seriously Ill patients. Columbia is full, Mainonides is full, NYU has plenty. Yes its serious. Yes it's still around, yes people are dying.
One of them is my mom. My friends uncle died this week. another friends FIL is battling for his life. Need I go on?

amother
Wheat

Post Sat, Nov 14 2020, 10:45 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
In Lakewood pretty quiet. You hear of a case hear and there but not widespread like around the yomim Tovim. But my kids do have 1-2 kids in classes quarantined.
It feels like it comes in waves.

I know quite a few people who died recently in Lakewood. Feels pretty serious to me. Especially because most people are not being cautious at all. I got comments because I insisted on making a very very small simcha with masks. Unheard of in Lakewood. You can go to a shiva house of a corona victim, and it’s crowded with no masks. I don’t get it 🤷🏼‍♀️

amother
Green

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 5:20 am
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
I know quite a few people who died recently in Lakewood. Feels pretty serious to me. Especially because most people are not being cautious at all. I got comments because I insisted on making a very very small simcha with masks. Unheard of in Lakewood. You can go to a shiva house of a corona victim, and it’s crowded with no masks. I don’t get it 🤷🏼‍♀️

I also know ppl who died recently with young children. Sad. they got sick a long time ago, not recently.
I’m making a bar mitzvah soon and still haven’t made plans most of my family are from out of town and not coming.
My neighbors think I’m nuts.
I will make something tho...

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 10:56 am
There is definitely a large uptick in NYC now. Hospitalizations are up. Children absent from school to quarantine very up.

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 12:58 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
I also know ppl who died recently with young children. Sad. they got sick a long time ago, not recently.
I’m making a bar mitzvah soon and still haven’t made plans most of my family are from out of town and not coming.
My neighbors think I’m nuts.
I will make something tho...

Mazal tov! Is there a reason you need to make a bar mitzvah party or kiddush? How about just having your son lein and calling it a day. You can use the money you saved to get him a really nice present.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics