Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Exercise just makes me tired!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 12 2020, 2:12 pm
I just started exercising every day this week, for about 20 minutes each day (rowing machine).

I thought that exercise is supposed to make you feel energized, but it just wipes me out!

Is this a normal part of starting exercise, and how long does that last? It is getting harder to motivate myself to keep it up knowing that I will feel more depleted afterwards. (In addition to trying to get my 20 uninterrupted minutes altogether!)

behappy2

Post Thu, Nov 12 2020, 2:16 pm
Honour your body.

jewishmom6

Post Thu, Nov 12 2020, 2:26 pm
I couldn't do the same exercise for 20 minutes, I would find that very boring and depleting.

I do workout DVDs and if I am tired I only do the 10 minute segments. It makes me feel soo good!

doodlesmom

Post Thu, Nov 12 2020, 2:28 pm
It should get better. When I started exercising years ago I would sometimes need a nap after. Now I barely blink.

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Nov 12 2020, 2:29 pm
Rowing machine workouts can be pretty intense. This is normal. However, if you keep doing your 20 minutes a day, it will stop being so tiring. (At that point, many people up the intensity because they want to keep leveling up, but you can also just keep doing it and not getting tired.)

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Nov 12 2020, 2:31 pm
I find it has to be the right exercise for you. I would do an hour long Zumba class or pilates and feel totally drained, but now I do an in person Krav Maga/boxing class for an hour and I'm energized the rest of the day. Due to the lockdown in Israel we switched to zoom with a slightly different format (more cardio and core) and I was a shmatta on the couch the rest of the day.

But it could be you just need to get used to it.

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Nov 12 2020, 2:54 pm
Exercise that makes you feel energized is good for your cardiovascular system, and exercise that makes you tired builds endurance.

anonymrs

Post Thu, Nov 12 2020, 3:12 pm
How's your thyroid?

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Nov 12 2020, 3:14 pm
If you just started, of course you're wiped out! The point is to strengthen your body. You can only do that over time.

The first few weeks, exercise on empty stomach and THEN + coffee works best. The plus side is that I find the combo helps me lose a bit of weight.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise