Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Brand new wig that I don't love

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 13 2020, 2:15 pm
I just bought a new $3000 wig. Classic cut (nothing too crazy or unusual). If I were to sell it what sort of loss am I looking at- how much does the price decrease?
Where should I sell it?
I haven't even worn it once yet.

amother
Gold

Post Fri, Nov 13 2020, 2:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I just bought a new $3000 wig. Classic cut (nothing too crazy or unusual). If I were to sell it what sort of loss am I looking at- how much does the price decrease?
Where should I sell it?
I haven't even worn it once yet.

Why don't you love it? Is it the color? The style? Is the hair not great?

If its the first two, I suggest you work on it. The last, well that would drop the price.

I dont think there's much of market for reselling wigs in that price range unless you plan to lose a significant amount of money. For your sake I hope I'm wrong.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 13 2020, 2:41 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Why don't you love it? Is it the color? The style? Is the hair not great?

If its the first two, I suggest you work on it. The last, well that would drop the price.

I dont think there's much of market for reselling wigs in that price range unless you plan to lose a significant amount of money. For your sake I hope I'm wrong.

Color and hair and fit are amazing.
I don't love the style. It's too long. The sheitel macher I used doesn't seem to "get" the look I'd like, but I don't want to put more $ into it to have it cut elsewhere.

amother
Ginger

Post Fri, Nov 13 2020, 2:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Color and hair and fit are amazing.
I don't love the style. It's too long. The sheitel macher I used doesn't seem to "get" the look I'd like, but I don't want to put more $ into it to have it cut elsewhere.

Won't another cut be significantly less than the loss you will incur by selling this?

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, Nov 13 2020, 2:43 pm
Recut isn't that $$
You will be taking a big loss to sell it
What area do you live in?

Newly Wed

Post Fri, Nov 13 2020, 2:59 pm
Can you show your shaitel macher what style she should copy? Most reputable shaitel machers recut your wigs till you’re happy (up to a certain point)

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Nov 14 2020, 12:11 pm
Sheitels are like new cars. The second you drive them off the lot, they loose a huge amount of value.

Go through Google Images and look for hair styles. When you find the one you like, print it out full size, and take it to a sheitelmacher.

Getting it recut is going to be a drop in the bucket compared to what you would lose trying to sell it, not to mention the time and hassle of trying to find a buyer in the first place.

SuperWify

Post Sat, Nov 14 2020, 7:34 pm
Of course bring it back for a recut! Look on Instagram for pictures of the style you want. The sheitel macher should recut it for you at this point.

amother
Babypink

Post Sat, Nov 14 2020, 7:43 pm
You MAY be able to get $1000
Are you willing to lose $2000+
No matter how you put it it’s a used Sheitel even if you never wore it.

Did you try to sell it back to the Sheitel macher

amother
Chocolate

Post Sat, Nov 14 2020, 8:07 pm
I also agree that you should recut it, if you indeed like everything else about it. I bought an expensive sheitel that I wasn't happy with and I didn't end up wearing it. I recently had it recut (by a different sheitel macher) and it looks so much better.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics