Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Arranging Tichels

tichelqueen

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 8:05 am
I have so many scarves of different hapes, pre tied bandannas, scarves and bands which are all in a jumble. Does anyone have any ideas on how to organise them so I can actually find what I want????

shopaholic

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 8:13 am
I bought 3 shoe box size storage containers, keep the lids underneath. I has headbands, 1 has beret tichels & Israeli ones & the 3rd has on Israeli tichels. They are lined up on my shelf in my closet.

bubbles

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 8:16 am
I keep them in a basket in my closet. I roll the tichels so its not so messy.

HindaRochel

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 8:23 am
well you could use louche's plastic lids, cut two holes in them and string each tichel through a lid. Collect similar styles together. Run string through the top hole. Hang on hangers.

louche

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 9:59 am
Rah, rah! I'll be delighted to send you my can lids!

If they're very thin you can use a tie rack, or several tie racks. Otherwse, clip them with spring-type clothespins to the horizontal bars of wire shirt hangers, assuming you have enough space in the closet. If not, you can do the same thing but hang the hangers on a row of hooks, or several rows of hooks, on the inside of the closet door or on the back of the bedroom door. Or , depending on your budget and aesthetic sensibilities, you can either string several rows of nylon rope across the back of the door and clip the scarves to the rope, or else mount several long, slim towel bars and drape the scarves over them. Or instead of rope use lengths of large-linked chain and pull each scarf through one link. For this you may want to make sure the links are soldered shut b/c otherwise the ends of the links may snag the fabric. Or if you have a space between two tall pieces of furniture like bookcases, hang a tension-mount curtain rod between the two and drape the scarves over that, either directly or on wire hangers. If you hate hanging things from the backs of doors, you can mount the towel bars on the wall and consider the display a decorative accent to your room--which it will be if you arrange them by color.

I keep all my scarves in a clear plastic box, but it can be difficult to remove a scarf near the bottom without messing up all the others.

Imawoman

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 10:03 am
I keep them all in a drawer.

Toot

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 10:18 am
I have a cubby piece in my closet with some open cubbies and some with drawers. I keep my caps and berets in an open cubby, square tichels in one drawer, and long rectangular ones in another drawer. Every now and then I fold them and organize them, but it always gets messed up when I want one from the bottom.

What does everyone do with square ones that you fold into a triangle? Do you unfold the triangle and refold it up as a square, or do you just keep it as a triangle and fold it up that way?

minnie

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 10:45 am
I keep them on a triple trouser hanger. it's neat!

Barbara

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 10:53 am
What about something like this:

http://www.containerstore.com/.....59794

Or you can get a hanging (or over the door) shoe holder, and place one or two in each compartment.

Mine are in shoe boxes right now, which doesn't work particularly well.

louche

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 11:41 am
MorahS wrote:

What does everyone do with square ones that you fold into a triangle? Do you unfold the triangle and refold it up as a square, or do you just keep it as a triangle and fold it up that way?

I refold as a square so that they don't stretch too far and become impossible to make square again. besides, folding as a square is neater.

Mishie

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 9:00 pm
I just asked my friend this exact question.
She told me she rolls them up, and lines them tightly next to each other in a row.

I just bought myself a basket for this perpose.
I'm looking forward to organizing mine. I have SO many!!!

HooRYou

Post Wed, Feb 27 2008, 1:25 am
I have a friend who uses the shoe bag idea Barbara mentioned. I think she got the kind that hangs inside a closet door. It definitely has clear shoe pockets so she can find what she is looking for easily. Also, the tichles won't slip out of the pockets.

maidale

Post Wed, Feb 27 2008, 1:34 am
I really like this shoe bag idea. neat, organized and all in one place... I should definitely consider it!

tichelqueen

Post Wed, Feb 27 2008, 8:15 am
Thanks! Very Happy

penina

Post Mon, Mar 31 2008, 2:15 pm
I do the closet sho hanger thing and it's amazing! Works great for shoes and beautifully for tichels and I don't have to fuss with the folding and whatnot. I don't have time for folding and stuffing and I don't have the space for a million boxes.

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Tue, Apr 01 2008, 4:17 pm
I had the same issue. I asked a Muslim woman what she did with her hijabs and she mentioned the over the door clear shoe hanger and it has worked great

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Apr 01 2008, 6:12 pm
Ok, but how many doors do you have? I have shoes inside my closet door - I need another closet door! I don't want to have them on the inside of my bedroom door. It will look too messy...but it's a GREAT idea!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics