Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Chicken Francaise

Amarante

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 7:30 am
This is essentially just schnitzel with a very simple pan sauce. It was very good and simple to make.

I just served with a bagged green salad and dinner came together pretty quickly. I used linguine as the pasta.

There is a thread going on now about using olive oil and this is the kind of dish that I definitely use olive oil for. I don't saute at a high heat so it doesn't exceed the smoke point of the olive oil and the taste of the olive oil - even though it is subtle - adds to the taste of the sauce itself. You don't have to use the most expensive olive oil because there are other flavors going on and of course you don't have to use olive oil but I personally think it enhances the final result of this dish.

Chicken Francaise

Excerpt From: Johnnie Gabriel - Second Helpings

Serves 4.

¼ cup white wine
½ cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
2 ounces olive oil
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs, beaten
2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts (pounded flat)
1 ounce sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
4 ounces fresh spinach
Linguine or your favorite pasta, cooked according to package directions

In a medium bowl combine the wine, chicken broth, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and garlic and set aside.
In a 12-inch pan add the oil and preheat on medium-high heat.

Place the flour in shallow pan. In another shallow pan place the beaten eggs. Dredge the chicken breasts first in flour and then in the eggs. Once the oil is hot, place the chicken breasts in the pan and sauté on both sides until lightly brown.

Leaving the chicken in the pan, discard half of the oil from the pan. Add a pinch of flour to the remaining oil and chicken. Add the wine mixture and simmer until the liquid has reduced by half.

Add the sun-dried tomatoes and fresh spinach and cook just until the spinach has wilted.

Serve over linguine or your favorite pasta.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey