Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Camp Ahuvah-help please

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 2:22 pm
Has anyone heard if camp ahuvah is opening again this summer? Heard last summer was really good and a mix of girls whose camps hasn’t opened last summer. Do you know what types of girls Ahuvah is hoping to attract?
Thanks!

Odelyah

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 8:20 pm
following--I'm looking for a camp for my daughter this summer iyH and she mentioned one of her classmates went there. I just looked it up and realized it was new last summer, and in maine, due to Covid. so I am looking for info too and just saw this post! TIA Wink

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 7:43 pm
I hear it is opening somewhere in NJ this year

amother
Red

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 7:59 pm
For those asking the type, it’s not a yeshivish crowd. More of a very chilled by girl. Weren’t strict about tznius, socks etc...

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 10:37 pm
Any more info on the crowd?
I heard this year doing 3 wks and 3 wks but price seems like a typical 4 wk camp! Sad

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 10:50 pm
My DDs went there and loved it. I would not call the girls “chilled” about tznius at all. Not very yeshivish, but strong solid BY hashkafa. The price per day (if you divide the price by the number of days) is the same as other camps.

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 11:10 pm
Ok that’s good to know about the $.. that seems exactly like the type of crowd I’m looking for. I hope she gets in!
Also anyone have an idea when other sleepaway camps or daycamp are gonn ahve their starting date (can’t imagine it’s July 6 like Ahuva)

amother
Red

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 11:30 pm
Depends where your coming from in terms of hashkafa. All the girls I know who went we’re on the less yeshivish side.
They said the camp was ok with mini socks and pretty lax as compared to the real by camps.
There is a place for every type. Nothing wrong with this type. Lots of girls are looking for a camp that’s not as yeshivish so no need to make it what it’s not.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children