Home

Cheap motel or bikur cholim apt near NYU

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post  Sun, Nov 15 2020, 11:10 pm
We need to be in the hospital really early morn and have a 2 hr drive. Don’t want to leave when it’s dark & travel for 2 hours.
Where can I stay nearby for the night?
Tia
Back to top

amother




Aubergine
 

Post  Sun, Nov 15 2020, 11:12 pm
There are bikur cholim rooms for this.
Have you reached out to any of the local organizations?
Do you need help with names of organizations?
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Sun, Nov 15 2020, 11:13 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
There are bikur cholim rooms for this.
Have you reached out to any of the local organizations?
Do you need help with names of organizations?

I have not, don’t know who to call.
But are these places open during the week or just shabbos?
Back to top

amother




Aubergine
 

Post  Mon, Nov 16 2020, 7:56 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have not, don’t know who to call.
But are these places open during the week or just shabbos?


Then let's help you find that info
Back to top

amother




Oak
 

Post  Mon, Nov 16 2020, 8:05 am
I would call the hospital and ask as well as the local chabad. They should know.

hugs and hatzlocha
Back to top

happy chick




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Nov 16 2020, 8:16 am
If memory serves me right, its called friendship house. I remember being able to make reservations online, but when I googled it now I can't find it. I will make some inquiries and let you know.
Back to top

amother




Yellow
 

Post  Mon, Nov 16 2020, 8:42 am
ronaldmcdonald house ?
Back to top

amother




Yellow
 

Post  Mon, Nov 16 2020, 8:48 am
try chesed247.org
Back to top

amother




Aubergine
 

Post  Mon, Nov 16 2020, 10:16 am
Try Mrs ziskind or Mrs werner
7184361751
7184383501
7188510031
7188510671

I got these numbers from the samar bikur cholim hospital guide.
If you need other numbers/they can't help you, please post again
Back to top

Rosemarie




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Nov 16 2020, 11:12 am
Friendship house Bikkur cholim
12129339033
Call this number, they Will give you a link where to go online to reserve a room. They are super nice. Their house is on 66th street so it isn't super close to NYU, but is is certainly close enough. If you would need for shabbos I would suggest trying to find something closer tho.

You can also call the satmar Bikkur cholim and ask them who to call for a room next to NYU. 7183877749 Satmar Bikkur cholim sends food to patients and family in all Manhattan hospitals as far as I know, so they should know which organization has accommodations near NYU. Each hospital has accommodations next to it, run by different organizations.
Back to top

happy chick




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Nov 16 2020, 11:22 am
Rosemarie wrote:
Friendship house Bikkur cholim
12129339033
Call this number, they Will give you a link where to go online to reserve a room. They are super nice. Their house is on 66th street so it isn't super close to NYU, but is is certainly close enough. If you would need for shabbos I would suggest trying to find something closer tho.

You can also call the satmar Bikkur cholim and ask them who to call for a room next to NYU. 7183877749 Satmar Bikkur cholim sends food to patients and family in all Manhattan hospitals as far as I know, so they should know which organization has accommodations near NYU. Each hospital has accommodations next to it, run by different organizations.


The friendship house is what I was referring to but I could find their number.
They were always very accommodating.
Hatzlacha
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Mon, Nov 16 2020, 11:27 am
Thanks. I’ll call these numbers.
It’s just for one night because we have to come in for a Covid test & then be in the hospital super early the next morn. It’s outpatient beh and if we do end up being admitted then I sleep in the PICU...
Back to top

amother




Purple
 

Post  Mon, Nov 16 2020, 11:33 am
Another idea- MyFace- has apartment directly across from NYU- if it’s cranio related they let u use it - if it’s not- they may still depending on availability.
Back to top

dankbar




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Nov 16 2020, 2:34 pm
Call Bein Ish
Back to top

amother




Aubergine
 

Post  Mon, Nov 16 2020, 9:58 pm
dankbar wrote:
Call Bein Ish


Do you have contact info to help op?
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Tue, Dec 15 2020, 1:17 am
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
Try Mrs ziskind or Mrs werner
7184361751
7184383501
7188510031
7188510671

I got these numbers from the samar bikur cholim hospital guide.
If you need other numbers/they can't help you, please post again

I have not been able to get through. Do you have any other ideas? Thanks
Back to top

Einikel




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Dec 15 2020, 1:27 am
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
Do you have contact info to help op?

https://beinish.org/contact/

Office Address:
1514 55th Street

Brooklyn, NY 11219
Phone No:
(718) 853-4690
Email Address:
beinishorg@gmail.com
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Tue, Dec 15 2020, 1:32 am
Einikel wrote:
https://beinish.org/contact/

Office Address:
1514 55th Street

Brooklyn, NY 11219
Phone No:
(718) 853-4690
Email Address:
beinishorg@gmail.com

Iirc they have something near Columbia and near Sloan Kettering.
I just checked Hilton near NYU. It’s like $119 for the night. I think I’m gonna do that...
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Cheap costumes
by amother
6 Yesterday at 8:27 pm View last post
Heaven supper idea- and crazy cheap!!
by amother
92 Thu, Jan 21 2021, 4:06 pm View last post
Cheap tznius red and white polka dot skirt kids size 8
by amother
14 Wed, Jan 20 2021, 6:27 pm View last post
Recommendation for good quality cheap mugs?
by amother
4 Sat, Jan 09 2021, 11:52 pm View last post
Watch the lev Rochel bikkur cholim auction?
by amother
2 Sun, Jan 03 2021, 7:09 pm View last post