Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Delicious healthy muffins for breakfast

hello321

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 1:58 pm
Would like a recipe with with aquafaba
And natural sugars and flours.
But something that kids who are used to eating the not natural stuff will like; (I am weaning them slowly)
Thanks ladies!

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 6:17 pm
Does Jessica Seinfeld have anything?

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 6:23 pm
Following!

Teomima

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 6:27 pm
I often make up various breakfast cookie recipes. They're very cakey cookies, like a muffin in cookie form. Usually they've got oats, nut butter, whatever unsweetened pureed fruit and veg I've got (bananas, avocado, applesauce, pumpkin, etc), almond flour, ground flax seed, unsweetened shredded coconut, unsweetened date honey (silan), an egg or two, salt, cinnamon, some baking powder and/or baking soda depending on the other ingredients, and yes I usually toss in a handful of mini chocolate chips but it's optional of course.

Always a big hit with the kids.

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 6:49 pm
Teomima wrote:
I often make up various breakfast cookie recipes. They're very cakey cookies, like a muffin in cookie form. Usually they've got oats, nut butter, whatever unsweetened pureed fruit and veg I've got (bananas, avocado, applesauce, pumpkin, etc), almond flour, ground flax seed, unsweetened shredded coconut, unsweetened date honey (silan), an egg or two, salt, cinnamon, some baking powder and/or baking soda depending on the other ingredients, and yes I usually toss in a handful of mini chocolate chips but it's optional of course.

I make something very similar. I also use coconut flour and chia seeds.

Minimalist baker does recipes with aquafaba and healthy flours a lot.

cheerios

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 6:56 pm
Teomima wrote:

I'd love to try this. Do you have (even approximate) measurements?

shanie5

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 9:43 pm
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....ight=

Is this one good?

Teomima

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 11:55 pm
cheerios wrote:
I'd love to try this. Do you have (even approximate) measurements?

Not really, since I change it up all the time, depending on what I have. I start with the fruit/veg, so if one day I have three bananas on the brink of death then I'll use those. Or I might roast and puree some squash. So that sort of thing is the biggest variable.

Then I'll add in anywhere from a quarter to half a cup nut butter, and whatever dry ingredients I feel like, probably also in measurements that vary between a quarter to a half cup (other than oats, those go in at the end and I add however much I need to make it the right consistency, which is thicker than muffin batter, looser than cookie dough).

Then I'll add liquids like an egg, a few splashes vanilla, silan, maybe molasses for a deeper flavor or honey or maple syrup if I want it even sweeter. Usually 1/3-2/3 a cup? Salt, cinnamon, and whatever rising agent I'm using, maybe a teaspoon each of everything. Mixed well. Chocolate chips if using. Then the oats, which usually turn out to be 2-4 cups. Scoop onto a baking paper lined cookie tray and bake till it starts to darken and comes off the paper cleanly. They also freeze beautifully.

crust

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 11:59 pm
https://sallysbakingaddiction......66860

I love these from Sally's Baking addiction.

Its soft, satisfying, taste is delicious and no refined sugar.

Eta I didn't realize you wanted one without eggs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking