Home

Would you like to have a dislike button?
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Poll

Would you likely like a dislike option?
I like a dislike option  
 52%  [ 88 ]
I dislike a dislike option  
 38%  [ 64 ]
Like what the ??? Who cares?  
 9%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 168


sequoia




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 2:06 pm
singleagain wrote:

I just felt the need to disagree with the sentiment that disagreeing equals bullying.


That’s not what I said.

Show me WHERE I said that disagreeing is bullying.

I’ve been in a few arguments here myself, you know. One or two. Over the course of a decade and then some.

Disagreeing, debating, arguing WITH WORDS is fine.
An anonymous button is bullying.
Back to top

dancingqueen




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 2:13 pm
Based on all the threads lately I think it seems like many amothers would rather get rid of the hug button altogether.
Back to top

amother




Lilac
 

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 3:38 pm
Maybe disagree button. Not dislike
Back to top

number




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 3:40 pm
sequoia wrote:
An anonymous button is bullying.
The hug button is also bullying when it's used in that way. And personally I feel it's worse, because they're taking something that ought to be a positive and using it to mock instead.
Back to top

ExtraCredit




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 3:41 pm
number wrote:
The hug button is also bullying when it's used in that way. And personally I feel it's worse, because they're taking something that ought to be a positive and using it to mock instead.

That was my point. Dislike is the lesser of the two evil. For those who can’t refrain from being evil...
Back to top

number




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 3:43 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
Based on all the threads lately I think it seems like many amothers would rather get rid of the hug button altogether.
Or follow Twitter and have just a heart button. It's the fact that there's two buttons that's the issue. People are using them as a downvote/upvote.
Back to top

amother




Periwinkle
 

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 3:52 pm
Another thing that was once suggested is for each poster to be able to either add one or delete one hug or like. I'm not sure that would be possible to make, but it it were, removing a like is less harsh than a dislike (assuming the count cannot go below zero) and regular users would be able to undo hug button abuse.
Back to top

PinkFridge




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 5:20 pm
singleagain wrote:
I don't think disagreeing is bullying. We have to be allowed to disagree with people You're not going to get along with everybody you meet in life. people complain when certain threads or discussions become an echo chamber. How is disagreeing any better.

I do maybe agree that it has potential for misuse. And that obviously it's always better to explain why you disagree instead of just saying disagree. But I don't think it's bullying to say that you disagree.


So say under your sn, I disagree. Or if you've been on the thread as amother, so the poster has already been in some level of dialogue, say you disagree. Or even say it without having participated in the thread. But then the poster has some name, even just an amother color, to ask, "What part do you disagree with? Why?"
Back to top

PinkFridge




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 5:22 pm
number wrote:
The hug button is also bullying when it's used in that way. And personally I feel it's worse, because they're taking something that ought to be a positive and using it to mock instead.


So maybe we can have a hug as a hug button and a bless your little misguided heart button.
Back to top

ExtraCredit




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 5:34 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
So maybe we can have a hug as a hug button and a bless your little misguided heart button.

We should really all collectively agree to do that. Who’s in? I should open another spin off and poll but I exceeded my poll quota for this month already! LOL
Back to top

sequoia




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 6:01 pm
number wrote:
The hug button is also bullying when it's used in that way. And personally I feel it's worse, because they're taking something that ought to be a positive and using it to mock instead.


I don’t do that. Ever. Nor do I ever post anonymously. If I disagree with someone, I reply to them, in words, under my sn.

And I can at least pretend hugs are sincere.

Why should I be subjected to more abuse that will possibly make me suicidal because others misuse anonymous buttons? What, we’re now ENCOURAGING bullying?
Back to top

number




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 6:24 pm
sequoia wrote:
I don’t do that. Ever. Nor do I ever post anonymously. If I disagree with someone, I reply to them, in words, under my sn.

And I can at least pretend hugs are sincere.

Why should I be subjected to more abuse that will possibly make me suicidal because others misuse anonymous buttons? What, we’re now ENCOURAGING bullying?
I hear that. I really think there should either be just 1 button, or the names of those who hit the button should be public so there is accountability.
Back to top
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 Recent Topics

Page 4 of 4 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Anyone else dislike silverpieces?
by amother
33 Wed, Dec 30 2020, 3:40 pm View last post
Hug button
by amother
24 Mon, Dec 07 2020, 10:50 pm View last post
[ Poll ] How Do you use the hug button?
by Einikel
26 Tue, Nov 17 2020, 3:53 pm View last post
I don't have a full button
by amother
9 Tue, Nov 10 2020, 7:22 pm View last post
by cbsp
STOP PRESSING THE THERAPY BUTTON,PLEASE!!!!!
by amother
52 Tue, Oct 27 2020, 10:06 am View last post