Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
North Miami Beach moms - help please!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 8:57 am
My husband and I are thinking of making the move to Florida. We have 2 girls.
We are coming from Baltimore/Lakewood community. The main thing we are looking for is a community that we can be part of with a Rav that we can have a connection with.

Chinuch for our girls is equally important. We are looking for a school where the focus is on middos and a connection to HaShem.

How would you advise us to find out which community we would fit into and who to reach out to for housing and jobs? Anything else you can tell me would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Mandelmaker

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 8:02 pm
This might be a good place to start your search:
https://www.ytcte.org/about/move-to-florida/
Hatzlacha!

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 10:32 pm
Bumping this up because I would like to find out more about the NMB community as well.

Do many NMB women use Imamother? Maybe not. Doesn't seem to have a big presence on this site.

amother
Khaki

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 10:38 pm
Anyone know if it’s a truly out of town community or is it more mainstream compared to the typical OOT?

amother
Cerulean

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 11:32 pm
I’m from NMB! Anon for obvious reasons Smile

I love it here bh. The community is the most yeshivish of the different south Florida communities, but it still is a really big mix. I will try to answer the questions asked above as best as I can:

-In terms of a rav, there are a good number of shuls in NMB, so there are multiple options. My husband definitely connected with a couple rabbonim here.

-The mainstream schools here are Toras Emes and Yeshiva Elementary. Mizrahi Academy is also a newer choice, and it is much smaller. We are very happy with Toras Emes for our kids bh, and I do feel there is a school wide focus on middos with various programs and campaigns. In terms of connection to Hashem, I think that is more dependent on the individual teacher, but so far we have not been disappointed! Sorry I can’t really speak for the other schools...
For girls, both of these schools go through 5th grade and then there is BY of Miami or Shaarey Bina.

-In terms of which community and jobs would work for you, maybe if you would post a little more about yourselves I can help you further.
For housing in NMB, we worked with Jonathan Menkes and he was extremely helpful jonathanmankes@bellsouth.net

-OOT-wise, I can try to answer but idk the ins and outs of all the communities. It is a well established community in the sense that it has been around for a while, has a couple school options, multiple shuls, kosher supermarkets, etc. The pace of life here is definitely more relaxed and slower, which I love!
The Lakewood kollel has been here for about 12 years or so, which definitely brings in more of an “in-town” feel. But it is still a very mixed community with all different types of people and not much judgement. There is ver little keeping up with the jones’s and no need for the newest strollers or whatever. Though of course you can if it’s important to you. There just isn’t the constant pressure or need to impress.

Not sure if that helped!

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 4:34 am
Anonymous here.
I’ve lived in NMB for 15+ years. I was coming from REALLY OOT, so it always struck me as the 6th borough.
YTCTE fan as well- real focus on middos, but not to the exclusion of academics.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating