Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
17 month old wont lay down in my bed

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 6:34 am
Since my child was 8 months, she doesn't lay down when she is in my bed. She can be extremely tired and sleeping on my shoulder but when she goes into my bed she just wants to sit there. She is 17 months old and started waking up in middle of yhe night and it would make my life so much easier if she would lay down and go to sleep in my bed. Any suggestions? Thanks

Rappel

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 6:36 am
What about her bed?

At 17 months, she doesn't need to eat or play in the middle of the night. If she normally nurses to self sooth, then can you transfer her soothing mechanism to something independent, like a shirt off yours which you can leave in her bed?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 7:01 am
This is an odd post.

Read up o the many many imas who can’t get their kids out of the beds and know that you’re is doing you a favor.

Why would you want to start this habit now? When presumably you’re not nursing him at night anyway? Not creating bad habits (like encouraging baby to sleep in your rather than his) will ultimately be so much easier for you

Blessing1

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 8:36 am
Why does she have to sleep in your bed? Just put her in her bed.

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 8:44 am
My first is like this too. She's a little older but 9 times out of 10 I can't nap with her in the middle of the day, which is hard with a newborn. (She dropped her naps when she turned 2)

Some kids are just like this. If you're trying to soothe her in the middle of the night, you could go the stern route and give her an ultimatum - "mommy's bed or crib?" But that depends on how verbal your 17 month old is (mine was very verbal at that age). She might settle after that, but like others have said, you might be setting her up for bad habits.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics