Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Which to get?

monkeyland

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 8:57 am
Which should I get the city mini GT duet or valco snap duo or mountain buggy duet?

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 9:17 am
monkeyland wrote:
Which should I get the city mini GT duet or valco snap duo or mountain buggy duet?

Mountain buggy if you live in Israel or anywhere with narrow sidewalks/shopping isles/elevators. It's a little more expensive, but that's a big advantage if it's relevant.

If you live in the US with nice big wide everything, then IIRC city mini is lighter weight and may told up nicer, and is a little cheaper.

bsy

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 9:58 am
the valco is lighter than the city mini

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 10:02 am
I really enjoyed the mountain buggy duet. It fits everywhere, it's not a huge clumsy stroller.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 10:14 am
I like the Valco. Folds small which is great for the car as well

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 10:52 am
If you're walking everywhere and your stroller is the car (like I had) then the mountain buggy duet is the best-it pushes great, fits everywhere as it's so narrow and just keeps going. BUT it is enormous folded and really heavy to lift so really don't recommend it if you would be taking it in and out of cars, or need a small neat fold.

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 11:09 am
City Mini GT has an amazing push and is much more comfortable for the kids.

monkeyland

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 1:35 pm
Anyone found the valco too wide? Anyone have the baby monster twin?

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 2:44 pm
monkeyland wrote:

Don't know about the valco but I do know that the baby monster twin is almost identical to the mountain buggy duet-size, fold etc, but just much cheaper.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 3:40 pm
monkeyland wrote:

Yes the valco doesn't fit in a lot of small doorways. The baby monster is the same size as the mountain buggy, much easier to fold but not as high quality

monkeyland

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 5:57 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
Yes the valco doesn't fit in a lot of small doorways. The baby monster is the same size as the mountain buggy, much easier to fold but not as high quality
is the valco just as wide as the city mini just a lighter stroller?

monkeyland

Post Thu, Dec 10 2020, 1:40 am
Any more comments on the valco?

grivky

Post Thu, Dec 10 2020, 5:27 am
I’ve had the valco baby snap duo trend for more than 2 years and I’ve been super happy with it. I’m pretty sure it’s the same width as the city mini double (check the dimensions online). I live in Israel and haven’t had any issues fitting it through doorways/ narrow elevators/ sidewalks around yerushalayim/ buses that I’ve had to go on/through. (My sister who used to live in an old apt NYC had trouble fitting the city mini double through her doorway....so that’s something to consider with either double stroller). One thing to consider with the valco, and I have no idea if this is the case with the other strollers.... you are not supposed to pull it up stairs by yanking on the handle bar. It can break the stroller. If you want to bop it up stairs, you need to either hold lower down on the stroller or have a second person help you. If it’s just a step or 2 you can go up forward. There were times that I had my older kid get out to make it easier for me to hold below the handle bar and bop up stairs, which may not be practical for you.
Another thing to consider, which doesn’t bother me at all, the clip that holds the stroller folded sticks out a bit. It got ripped off one time when I was walking into a narrow elevator. Valco baby customer service is amazing and they sent me a replacement part and even tools to replace it, but I never bothered to fix it. The clip just holds it in place when it’s folded and not having the clip never made it more annoying for me to get it in and out of the car. The clip would be necessary though if you intend to check it for a plane ride if you don’t have a stroller bag- although I wouldn’t recommend checking a stroller without a stroller bag anyway!
The low weight of the valco is huge for me. It was worth the extra $$

monkeyland

Post Thu, Dec 10 2020, 5:47 pm
grivky wrote:
I’ve had the valco baby snap duo trend for more than 2 years and I’ve been super happy with it. I’m pretty sure it’s the same width as the city mini double (check the dimensions online). I live in Israel and haven’t had any issues fitting it through doorways/ narrow elevators/ sidewalks around yerushalayim/ buses that I’ve had to go on/through. (My sister who used to live in an old apt NYC had trouble fitting the city mini double through her doorway....so that’s something to consider with either double stroller). One thing to consider with the valco, and I have no idea if this is the case with the other strollers.... you are not supposed to pull it up stairs by yanking on the handle bar. It can break the stroller. If you want to bop it up stairs, you need to either hold lower down on the stroller or have a second person help you. If it’s just a step or 2 you can go up forward. There were times that I had my older kid get out to make it easier for me to hold below the handle bar and bop up stairs, which may not be practical for you.
Another thing to consider, which doesn’t bother me at all, the clip that holds the stroller folded sticks out a bit. It got ripped off one time when I was walking into a narrow elevator. Valco baby customer service is amazing and they sent me a replacement part and even tools to replace it, but I never bothered to fix it. The clip just holds it in place when it’s folded and not having the clip never made it more annoying for me to get it in and out of the car. The clip would be necessary though if you intend to check it for a plane ride if you don’t have a stroller bag- although I wouldn’t recommend checking a stroller without a stroller bag anyway!
The low weight of the valco is huge for me. It was worth the extra $$

Thanks for that review it really helped me a lot with more info on the stroller. I live in an area with a lot of stairs so it may be a con about bopping it up and down stairs will have to think about that one
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics