Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Yoyo stroller
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 1:47 pm
I think the yoyo is preferable for air travel over the aer and the minu as the latter two often are required to be gate checked. For car travel I have the Joolz aer. You can totally collapse and totally open the stroller with one hand while
Holding a baby. The minu you have to release the catch first, and then it’s a one hand fold and with the yoyo you have to first fold down the handlebar with two hands and then it’s a one fold.

None of these compare to the solid push or the bee because they have more moving parts to be able to fold much smaller than the bee.

The Stroller Workshop has great comparison reviews on YouTube.

(There are other threads on this topic FYI)

OP you should go to a store with your baby and try out the strollers also...

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 5:17 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
I’m not the OP, but I want it as a travel stroller for the car. I have a good stroller for walking already. I also want something that I can use as wheels for my car seat instead of the wheels from my more bulky stroller.

Did you ever hear of a brand called Summer? Maybe look into that Brand

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 5:41 pm
I love it for a travel stroller. It pushes nice and fold really easily. I don’t k ow how it compares to the bugaboo bee though. I mainly use it as a car stroller and for small trips. I just want to point out since you mentioned the price, bugaboos for less sells them new, but in colors that were overstocked in stores for a cheaper price.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 5:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is it worth the money? Does it push easy and hold up nicely?
Please don't respond with ideas of different strollers, I only want info on the yoyo.
Thanx!

I have the yoyo for 6 years, used for 3 kids, still in excellent condition. Totally got my money's worth.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 5:48 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:

Uch the most awful stroller ever. Impossible to push.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 5:57 pm
clowny wrote:
If you’re coming from a bugaboo bee then chances are you’re not gonna like it. Nothing beats the bugaboo bee. It’s so much more comfy for baby especially when they wanna sleep.

I have the bee and the yoyo and love my yoyo. I hate the bee. The frame is very flimsy and always looks crooked. The yoyo is extremely easy to fold and very light. The basket is the only annoying part of it.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 6:28 pm
Thanks for all feedback. I'm definitely leaning towards the yoyo because it folds the smallest and pushes the most smooth of any travel stroller.

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 11:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for all feedback. I'm definitely leaning towards the yoyo because it folds the smallest and pushes the most smooth of any travel stroller.

Which other travel strollers did you try?

Iymnok

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 12:30 am
I hear it tips easily.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 7:11 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:

Summer strollers are totally not comparable here. They are basic umbrellas, zero suspension.

Mermaidinexile

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 7:43 am
We have 2 yoyos. One for toddler, one for baby. We use the bassinet insert for baby- got insert new in box for half price on Facebook marketplace. Use the strollers all the time. We also had an uppababy Cruz that was great cause big basket etc but honestly too bulky. Yoyos have held up for years and are great. Also, super convenient for travel can come on to plane. Not that anyone is doing much travel now. The only downside is if you are walking quickly, be careful on a turn. And yes, basket is small. But they are sturdy and super small fold. Great for apartment living.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 8:45 am
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
Which other travel strollers did you try?

I looked into the mountain buggy nano, joolz aer, and bugaboo ant. Nano doesn't have such a great push & easy fold. Joolz doesn't fold as small (but I love the look of it), bugaboo ant folds tiny but there's to many steps involved in the fold. Yoyo basically fits all my criteria. Smooth push and small easy fold.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 8:58 am
I have the yo-yo. I love it .
Sure the bee is more convenient to wheel but that’s already a question of what you’re looking for.
If you’re looking for a stroller that’s easy to fit in the car, easy(ish) to fold ( need two hands), lightweight- yo-yo is awesome.
If you’re looking for a smooth ride, steady stroller - bee is better.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 9:30 am
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
I have the yo-yo. I love it .
Sure the bee is more convenient to wheel but that’s already a question of what you’re looking for.
If you’re looking for a stroller that’s easy to fit in the car, easy(ish) to fold ( need two hands), lightweight- yo-yo is awesome.
If you’re looking for a smooth ride, steady stroller - bee is better.

I have the bee as well. I don't think the push is that amazing. Probably because it's 9 years old. I don't remember how it pushed when it was new.

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 10:22 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I looked into the mountain buggy nano, joolz aer, and bugaboo ant. Nano doesn't have such a great push & easy fold. Joolz doesn't fold as small (but I love the look of it), bugaboo ant folds tiny but there's to many steps involved in the fold. Yoyo basically fits all my criteria. Smooth push and small easy fold.

I was leaning towards the yoyo but people here have been recommending the aer. I have to go check out in store. Please post back here with your yoyo review if you choose it Smile
Btw did you try the minu?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 10:28 am
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
I was leaning towards the yoyo but people here have been recommending the aer. I have to go check out in store. Please post back here with your yoyo review if you choose it Smile
Btw did you try the minu?

Was looking into the joolz aer because I like the look but the yoyo has a better push & folds smaller.

yy

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 2:28 pm
I think it depends how much you travel. I tried the Maclaren Nano and then gave it away. The yo-yo is much smoother and fold smaller. I didn’t try any of the other ones but really love it for traveling

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:59 pm
So I got a yoyo. My 1st thought was what does it have that it makes it cost so much??
So far, the push is really great, I love the small fold & I like the fact that it fits into a car trunk without folding.

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Dec 10 2020, 8:18 am
I ended up getting it too. Right now only using it for wheels for my car seat. So far it seems great for that. I have to get used to the fold though. Still don’t have it down pat. Not sure what everyone is saying about the basket. Seems decent sized to me. Perhaps the new version is better?

SuperWify

Post Thu, Dec 10 2020, 8:42 am
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
I ended up getting it too. Right now only using it for wheels for my car seat. So far it seems great for that. I have to get used to the fold though. Still don’t have it down pat. Not sure what everyone is saying about the basket. Seems decent sized to me. Perhaps the new version is better?

The new version has a bigger basket.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics