Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Baby bath seats

gumby

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 10:25 pm
Does anyone have any info on baby bath seats. My baby outgrew his baby bath tub but is too small for a regular bath. How should I bathe him ? Someone suggested the bath seat, but I read that it may not be so safe. Does anyone have any experience ?

MrsLeo

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 10:35 pm
How old is he and how well does he sit on his own?

My daughter is 9 month and I've been washing her in the bath tub for the past month or so. In the beginning I used one of those suction bath seats but I had nowhere to store it and it was just annoying cuz if the bath was filled it would tip from the pressure of the water and I couldnt wash her back or bottom with the seat, so now I just sit her in the bath tub and hold on to her. Sometimes I get into the bath with her to make it easier instead of leaning over the side and getting water all over the bathroom.

gumby

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 10:46 pm
Hes about the same age and sits up wonderfully, but he screams if he is not fully immersed in water, I think from the cold. I also have a high bathtub so I am scared that I will lose my grip. Would you say the bath seat is a safe product ? He also is very active and wiggles and kicks a lot so should I be afraid that he'll knock it and himself over c"v ?

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 11:13 pm
I used bath seats for a long time. when he started sitting I bought a seat that is 'enclosed', like a high-chair type, so he couldnt wiggle out. once he was sitting firmly enough so that he didnt slip out of my grasp, I was able to bathe him without a seat. (about 9 months of age)

Twizzlers

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 11:16 pm
I used the sink in between the baby bathtub and the real bathtub. it was the perfect size, and I was able to hold on to him very well from that height.

SingALong

Post Tue, Feb 26 2008, 11:57 pm
there is this sponge thing you can put your kid in, laying down face up.
I think the bath seats are not safe. if it tips and they are stuck, then they cant get out.
if they are free, and the water is very low, like 2 inches, they will pick their heads up if it gets in the water. the spongy mattress thing is great, cuz they lay on it its comfy, but if they roll they are still ok.
there are alos these hammock looking things that seem ok too.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Feb 27 2008, 12:06 am
the bath seat I used, cant tip over, it's attched to the rim of the bathtub. and I would sit there with him the entire time.

rowo

Post Wed, Feb 27 2008, 12:21 am
I use a bath seat for my son, 9 months.
he's too big for the baby bath. he sits by himself, no problem, but he wriggles around too much if I just try to hold him in the bath. and it gets pretty slippery.
he loves having baths now. I've never been worried about it tipping over, the suction caps are really strong, I have to work a bit to get them off when we're done.
I'm more worried about him slipping in the bath without it.
as with any time a child is playing with/in water they need constant supervision.

if you don't want to use one, you could get a non-slip pad for the bottom of the bath to prevent slipping. or even just put a towel down. I've done that when giving my baby a bath at my mothers. I still hold him, but it makes it that much easier.

BeershevaBubby

Post Wed, Feb 27 2008, 12:35 am
I have a bath ring too. It suctions to the bare bottom of the bathtub (meaning if you have a mat, remove it first).

My 9 month old LOVES it and it's such a Mechaya to use.

MrsLeo

Post Wed, Feb 27 2008, 1:01 am
I also have a problem keeping her warm in the bath because I dont have heat in my bathroom. I just try to be as fast as I can so that she doesnt get too cold.

abismommy

Post Wed, Feb 27 2008, 1:12 am
twizzlers wrote:
I used the sink in between the baby bathtub and the real bathtub. it was the perfect size, and I was able to hold on to him very well from that height.

I also used my sink for a while with my last 3 kids (of 7). I have a bath seat that I never had a tipping problem with, but it's a pain to keep clean and to store. I use my deep kitchen sinks as soon as they can go in a real bath (after the cord falls off) and put a towel in the bottm so they don't slip and so it shouldn't be too hard. They love it and it's the right height for me.

so, we meet again... Wink

gumby

Post Wed, Feb 27 2008, 8:51 am
Thanks for the advice. Is there a specific bath seat that is good ? I saw a safety first one anyone have that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics