Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Boynton Beach a bad idea?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 11:41 pm
I am looking at moving to South Florida. I like the Boca area and the schools but I am concerned about making a big move and not being able to afford the life in Boca so because of that we are looking into Boynton beach which is supposed to be more affordable.Background info- I have 6 kids k"h and I am wondering if moving to Boynton will make them even more different(they will already feel like outsiders because they are new)
My second thought is that my husband is in his early 40's and I am in my late 30's, will we fit in there? Or are only retirees living there.
Last question-I am looking for a place where the shul is seperate for davening and shiurim, is there a place like that in Boynton or Boca?
Thank you!!

shanie5

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 1:10 pm
I'm pretty sure there is a younger community there too. My parents live near the shuls and Mom pointed out a section where she said there were lots of younger families.
If you want to pm me, I can give you her phone number and email address. She'd be glad to help you.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 10:48 am
Hi I’m curious where the young community is in boynton beach. Anyone familiar with the area?

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 10:53 am
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Hi I’m curious where the young community is in boynton beach. Anyone familiar with the area?

I will preface by saying that I don’t know from personal experience, I only know what I’ve heard from my friends.
There is a young community, with many moderately religious to modern orthodox. There are not too many right wing families. I have a few right wing friends who lived there, and they all moved out because it was very hard for their kids. No one to go to/nothing to do on shabbos and chagim. Most (if not all) of the kids didn’t have classmates who lives near them.
My friends who still live there are moderately frum to very left wing modern orthodox. The more right wing MO and right wing families all moved out.
Again, not my personal experience, but I have numerous friends who live/ed in boynton.

amother
Clear

Post Fri, Dec 10 2021, 6:14 am
shanie5 wrote:
I'm pretty sure there is a younger community there too. My parents live near the shuls and Mom pointed out a section where she said there were lots of younger families.
If you want to pm me, I can give you her phone number and email address. She'd be glad to help you.

And they are extremely hospitable! This past shabbos, they hosted my son and his two friends. Very Happy

xrvbubby

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 6:33 pm
We live in Boynton Beach for the last 4 1/2 years and yes we are retired. But know that there are plenty of young couples moving here. The schools are in Boca, about 20 minutes from here. As for the shul, you have your choice of Chabad or Anshei. And some of the communities are starting their own minyans as the shuls are really getting very full. And yes, at Anshei there are separate rooms for davening and learning. You can look up ACCBB.org (Anshei Chesed Congregation Boynton Beach) for the schedules. As for the community you won't find a warmer or friendlier one. Everyone is welcome here, sheitels, no sheitels, modern orthodox, or frumer. If you'd like to spend a Shabbos here, there is home hospitality including by us.. YOu can PM me for more information.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating