Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
How do you envision COVID ends?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 8:53 pm
Will the vaccine stop it? How do you think it’ll end?

amother
Honeydew

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 8:54 pm
With everyone dead.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 8:55 pm
Yes the vacinne will stop it.

vintagebknyc

Not with a bang but a whimper

yksraya

With the coming of mashiach.

Amarante

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 9:38 pm
The vaccine will bring it down to a manageable disease and the only people who will contract it will be the idiots who choose not to be vaccinated.

southernbubby

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 9:43 pm
It will be a combination of vaccines, acquired immunity, better treatment, and society learning to live with it. The airports are crowded with travelers so it's hard to say that people are staying home because so many people are living it up despite the dangers. I hope that the government gets smart and trains more health care workers but that takes years.
I don't know if anything that the new administration does will change people's behavior but I hope that the government can open up clinics in health care desserts. Maybe it will end with everyone being healthier.

elisheva25

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 9:44 pm
Moshiach

SuperWify

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 9:45 pm
Idk. I’m not so hopeful with this vaccine. I think eventually it will die out slowly.

Last edited by SuperWify on Sat, Nov 21 2020, 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Lime

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 9:48 pm
Another vote for with the Geulah!

amother
Pink

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 9:50 pm
We will live with it just like we live with the flu, strept, chicken pox and any other disease out there. I feel lots of ppl are scared of the vaccine and won't take it. It's more fear mongering than anything else....and of course mashiach will come!!!

southernbubby

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 9:50 pm
Amarante wrote:
The vaccine will bring it down to a manageable disease and the only people who will contract it will be the idiots who choose not to be vaccinated.

Well, sort of. No vaccine is 100% and at present, anyone who had the virus won't be given the vaccine.

Amarante

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 10:08 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Well, sort of. No vaccine is 100% and at present, anyone who had the virus won't be given the vaccine.

Agreed but the vaccine will bring it down to the same kind of infection rate as other communicable diseases and so those for whom a vaccine isn't effective will be unlikely to be exposed to the virus unless there are enough people who don't vaccinate in which case there will be outbreaks in the same way as there are measles in communities in which vaccination is not done widely enough.

I read quite an interesting analysis of how to predict risks of being in social gatherings which depend on the infection rate per capita. So in South Dakota which currently has extremely high per capita infection rates, your odds are being with someone who is infection if you are in a gathering of 10 people is 68%.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/fe.....rous/

wiki

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 10:10 pm
I think the vaccine will end Covid as a major issue in the economy and in the news, but it won't be *poof* done on a certain date, since the public will be getting the vaccine over the course of many months.

And there will still be Covid cases and deaths among those who refuse the vaccine too, but the vaccine will bring about the end of masks and SDing and closures of things, yes.

Cheiny

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 10:23 pm
yksraya wrote:
With the coming of mashiach.

That’s what I’m hoping too.

behappy2

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 10:26 pm
Eventually everyone will have gotten it or died from it. Sorry for being blunt.

yksraya

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 10:28 pm
Cheiny wrote:
That’s what I’m hoping too.
yay! Finally we agree on something! Applause

southernbubby

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 10:28 pm
Amarante wrote:
Agreed but the vaccine will bring it down to the same kind of infection rate as other communicable diseases and so those for whom a vaccine isn't effective will be unlikely to be exposed to the virus unless there are enough people who don't vaccinate in which case there will be outbreaks in the same way as there are measles in communities in which vaccination is not done widely enough.

I read quite an interesting analysis of how to predict risks of being in social gatherings which depend on the infection rate per capita. So in South Dakota which currently has extremely high per capita infection rates, your odds are being with someone who is infection if you are in a gathering of 10 people is 68%.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/fe.....rous/

But like I said in my other post, some places, such as South Dakota, need clinics in areas that are off the beaten path so that they can get these vaccines. Of course, any pharmacy can give it but do rural communities and indigenous tribes have that sort of access? My understanding of the problem in South Dakota is lack of health care delivery and a dearth of reliable information. Some of these people think the virus is fake even though it's killing them.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 10:52 pm
The same way every other novel pathogen ended. Or didn’t end. Since the beginning of time.

Ideally, I think lots can be done by keeping our bodies truly healthy, not the poor excuse for health most of us have today, and learning about the healing powers of plants. But I don’t see this happening on a large scale anytime soon.

trixx

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 11:08 pm
Once the vaccine is mandated, which is what they want, it will magically disappear.
Please remember that the moment the religious exemption was repealed in NYS, measles was over.

I am not an anti-vaxxer. I am anti government telling me what to put in my body.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics