Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Responsibility to notify of covid exposure
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 8:22 am
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
I’m in a different position. Sometimes I don’t wear a mask and I’m not social distancing anymore. People judge me but I had corona in April and I have antibodies so I’m not being careful anymore.

I am making a spinoff for you. Its got a poll. I know more than 5 homes who have had it more than once. Why does anyone still beleive its not like the flu?

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 8:23 am
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
At this point, 8 months in there is exposure everywhere. We are all going to stores, errands, kids are in school.
There is no way to avoid exposure and have a chain of 30'people quarantining for one case. Your father should be very careful and you should wear a mask but I dont think its realistic to notify people like in the days of March and April

Going to stores and running errands should not lead to the extent of contact required for notification. And it is very easy to notify children's schools. You obviously don't need to personally notify each classmate. The school ought to handle the communication with the affected classes. Likewise, it is easy to notify one's workplace or university or kollel.

People who want to be responsible will try to notify as best they can. People who want to rationalize their lack of caring will do so.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 8:25 am
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
Reminds me of when my brother had a friend over on shabbos a few weeks ago and failed to mention his mom had gotten tested on friday. Turns out she was positive and friend ended up also being positive. Being that he was in the house and friend was not wearing a maskparent' the whole time my entire parents family had to quarratine for 2 weeks.

If you or someone you live with is getting tested - please let people know.

My parents would have told friend not to come in.

Friend wanted to come and not be uninvited. That's why he didn't say anything.

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 8:32 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
I am making a spinoff for you. Its got a poll. I know more than 5 homes who have had it more than once. Why does anyone still beleive its not like the flu?

The flu doesn't cause: decreased fertility, heart disease, lung issues and necessary transplants, kidney damage, long term breathing issues, heart palpitations, heart damage, and so much more side affects young and healthy people even in their 20's have experienced.

Say you are willing to take a risk to get all of this - since most people don't. But don't say there's no risk at all. Don't say it's just like the flu.

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 8:34 am
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
Friend wanted to come and not be uninvited. That's why he didn't say anything.

It's okay - they aren't making the same mistake again. No friends over anymore. I think they were traumatized.

Had friend not come in just my brother would of had to quarantine and not the entire family.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 8:35 am
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
Was it at HAC or YDH in CLE?

I know of cases in Hac and people quarantining in YDH from exposure at the same Kollel. Not sure how many actually have it.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 8:37 am
It's because the media and the government has turned a positive COVID test into a moral failing by constantly bombarding us with the message that staying home and wearing masks will stop the spread. It turns every person who gets a positive test into someone who "obviously wasn't responsible" because if they would have worn a mask and stayed home then they wouldn't be spreading it now.
That's why people are reluctant to tell people when they get a positive test.

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 8:38 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
I know of cases in Hac and people quarantining in YDH from exposure at the same Kollel. Not sure how many actually have it.

Ydh(ydt) families have it from the kollel too.
UH has tons of cases

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 8:39 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:

Definitely YDT. I know of someone who was definitely exposed and is refusing to quarantine amd has kids in both schools so its only a matter if time...
Just want to add that most, if not all of the exposure, took place while wearing a mask during davening.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 8:41 am
I don't get it. The schools aren't on top of it?

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 8:44 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Definitely YDT. I know of someone who was definitely exposed and is refusing to quarantine amd has kids in both schools so its only a matter if time...
Just want to add that most, if not all of the exposure, took place while wearing a mask during davening.

WHAT!!??? Can you please call a rav and and a shailah if you have to tell the hanhalla.
If you're just sitting by it's lo saamod all dam reiecha.
You will have this on your head

I don't want to get stuck , get stuck in quarantine, have my kid's classes shut!

People's parnassah, health, shalom bayis, and life is at stake

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 8:44 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I don't get it. The schools aren't on top of it?

Schools only know what they are told.

Teomima

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 8:51 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
It's because the media and the government has turned a positive COVID test into a moral failing by constantly bombarding us with the message that staying home and wearing masks will stop the spread. It turns every person who gets a positive test into someone who "obviously wasn't responsible" because if they would have worn a mask and stayed home then they wouldn't be spreading it now.

Oh the irony. So people who don't want to appear irresponsible for contracting the virus in the first place are instead doing the ultimate, potentially lethal act of irresponsibility by not informing people they've potentially put at risk of death?

How does anyone justify this???

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:10 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:

I don't see stigma associated to a positive diagnosis by itself even in the non-frum community, much less in the frum community. We have many people who are inevitably exposed solely by virtue of their jobs in places like hospitals, nursing homes, retail, and restaurants. And everyone has their children in school in-person. Also, it is widely accepted that stores are open, the JCC gym and pool are open, public libraries are open, and people talk openly about frequenting these and other similar places. The precautions in place reduce the odds of spread, but everyone knows they are not 100% effective.

The stigma comes in when the person testing positive has prolonged exposure to a long list of people through irresponsible behavior such as hosting or attending an unmasked indoor gathering with food and drink or multiple such gatherings. And even these people don't face very much stigma.

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:19 am
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
WHAT!!??? Can you please call a rav and and a shailah if you have to tell the hanhalla.

Um what? This person was exposed to my dh who tested positive. My dh let this person know that he tested positive and therefore this person should quarantine for 14 days because he was exposed. This person said no way. His children dont have to quarantine regardless because he is asymptomatic and for them it's nothing more than exposure to an exposure. The person who was exposed should be in quarantine. My dh did his part. We've let everyone who was exposed know. When the health dept calls and does contact tracing I will absolutely tell them this person's name. The person who isn't in quarantine might have blood on his hands. I've definitely done my part.

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:29 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:

Can you pm me the initials? Wondering if its more than the one person I am aware of.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:31 am
amother [ Tan ] wrote:

I don't want to get stuck , get stuck in quarantine, have my kid's classes shut!

People's parnassah, health, shalom bayis, and life is at stake

I did ask a shayla and was told I can’t report.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:35 am
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
It’s possible that she figured most people in the area already had it and have antibodies already.

It’s also possible that while being sick, notifying others isn’t the first thing on her mind. Maybe she told some people and forgot to tell others.

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:42 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
I did ask a shayla and was told I can’t report.

Really?
That's so upsetting

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:44 am
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Really?
That's so upsetting

Part of the reasoning was that by the time I was told this person had already been in public for a week so it was too late for it to really help.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed