Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Why are girls wearing center parts?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 6:25 pm
OOTforlife wrote:
I just searched google images for it and the pics that came up were about 60% Kardashians LOL

And of the other forty percent, half were Meghan Merkle, and most of the rest were Kate Middleton?

sky

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 7:38 pm
Every generation of teen girls has a style that make no sense. Remember the hair sprayed proofed bangs with Frizzed hair from the 80s. Was that better?
Every single girl in the year book. And every class picture had that exact hair.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 7:52 pm
You need a really good nose to look good with a center part. It’s pretty severe looking so soft makeup helps, otherwise can be pretty harsh looking. I personally like slightly off center. Not a side part, just not split down the center.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 7:52 pm
I was so happy when side parts came in in 2008
I finally found a style I looked good in.
I assume everyone is wearing center parts now since it looks good on Kim Kardashian.

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 7:53 pm
Och we’re all doing this on some level- smurfy looking beanie anyone?

OOTforlife

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 7:58 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
And of the other forty percent, half were Meghan Merkle, and most of the rest were Kate Middleton?
And Selena Gomez.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 8:08 pm
Fox wrote:

And in the end, despite the fact that many people looked ridiculous, nobody died.

Ever heard of the Son of Sam?

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Even if they look terrible...
This is the strangest trend that teen girls are wearing and most of them don’t even look good.
Why do people wear styles just to fit in if they look awful?

Because it’s their hair, and they can do it however they want, and beauty is subjective.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:26 pm
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
Curly hair often doesn't have a natural part at all.

Yup, that’s me!! No part at all!! The few times that I straightened my hair before I got married, I kept it straight back.

Chayalle

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:41 pm
sky wrote:
Every generation of teen girls has a style that make no sense. Remember the hair sprayed proofed bangs with Frizzed hair from the 80s. Was that better?
Every single girl in the year book. And every class picture had that exact hair.

I have my mother A"H's yearbooks - BY of BP in the 60's. The hair styles are creations to write about. Some are at least a foot high, hair piled up, like there's something in there holding it up (I wouldn't be surprised if there was.)

Makes me wonder where the tznius Rebbetzin's were (my DD's weren't allowed more than a ponytail unless your hair was below shoulder length, in their yearbooks.) How did they get away with that? It's something else.

ExtraCredit

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:44 pm
OOTforlife wrote:
I just searched google images for it and the pics that came up were about 60% Kardashians LOL

Yup, but none of us were gonna post pics of our DC so those were second best! Laugh

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:44 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
Ever heard of the Son of Sam?

That's been debunked.
Check out the Mindhunters episode if you have Netflix, lol.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:53 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I have my mother A"H's yearbooks - BY of BP in the 60's. The hair styles are creations to write about. Some are at least a foot high, hair piled up, like there's something in there holding it up (I wouldn't be surprised if there was.)

Makes me wonder where the tznius Rebbetzin's were (my DD's weren't allowed more than a ponytail unless your hair was below shoulder length, in their yearbooks.) How did they get away with that? It's something else.

There were other tznius battles to fight.

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:57 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Och we’re all doing this on some level- smurfy looking beanie anyone?

I cannot stand the beanie trend!!! Thank you!

And OP, I wouldn't get too smug. I grew up with bang "poofs".

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:58 pm
All the new lace top wigs have the center part. Many women look honestly awful in them. But then you have the models who look amazing, and we all delude ourselves into thinking we look great. Me included.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 10:07 pm
I had poufy bad perms in the 80's, and I thought I looked like I belonged on MTV! Can't Believe It

Center parts should be the least of your worries.

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 10:37 pm
I'm remembering a summer in middle school when we all put our hair in ponytails and then hairsprayed the tops of our heads until it was hard to the touch. There's no explaining it 😁.

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 11:47 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
You need a really good nose to look good with a center part. It’s pretty severe looking so soft makeup helps, otherwise can be pretty harsh looking. I personally like slightly off center. Not a side part, just not split down the center.

Hashem didn't make any bad noses.

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 12:09 am
My oldest is young elementary school, in lakewood. Is that age wearing pony parts in the middle?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 12:19 am
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
My oldest is young elementary school, in lakewood. Is that age wearing pony parts in the middle?

No, I think it starts in 6-7 th grade.
My 5th grader doesn’t wear but my 7th grader does.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics