Home

New Lakewood cheder school?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post  Sun, Nov 22 2020, 1:46 pm
I’ve been out of the loop and just got a letter from the cheder. I signed my son up for primary next year and apparently there’s an option to send to a new school instead? But it says rabbi levin will be the menahel even though rabbi levin has unfortunately been unwell lately. Does anyone know the scoop? Why sign up for this rather than just send to the cheder?
Back to top

Cmon be nice




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Nov 22 2020, 1:58 pm
I dont know about a new Cheder but officially Rabbi Levin retired from the cheder. He has a new title, something like menahel emirates
Back to top

amother




Goldenrod
 

Post  Sun, Nov 22 2020, 2:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’ve been out of the loop and just got a letter from the cheder. I signed my son up for primary next year and apparently there’s an option to send to a new school instead? But it says rabbi levin will be the menahel even though rabbi levin has unfortunately been unwell lately. Does anyone know the scoop? Why sign up for this rather than just send to the cheder?


Maybe it will give you the feel of the cheder but smaller.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Sun, Nov 22 2020, 2:33 pm
Cmon be nice wrote:
I dont know about a new Cheder but officially Rabbi Levin retired from the cheder. He has a new title, something like menahel emirates
They definitely said he will be heading the new place.
Back to top

amother




Puce
 

Post  Sun, Nov 22 2020, 2:35 pm
Cmon be nice wrote:
I dont know about a new Cheder but officially Rabbi Levin retired from the cheder. He has a new title, something like menahel emirates

Emeritus?
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Sun, Nov 22 2020, 2:35 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
Maybe it will give you the feel of the cheder but smaller.
Apparently that’s what they’re going for. But the size of the school doesn’t really bother me. Ugh I wasn’t expecting to have to make a decision on schools this year ...
Back to top

Cmon be nice




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Nov 22 2020, 2:38 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
Emeritus?

I don't remember the exact title but he is no longer the primary and 1sr grade menahel
Usually in situations like this they give the title emeritus which basically means he's still involved but not on a day to day basis
Back to top

amother




Ginger
 

Post  Sun, Nov 22 2020, 3:45 pm
They are opening this up on the cheder premises. They said they have room until 3rd grade.
I heard there are no slots this year and they are feeling pressured to accept kids so this was an alternative solution. They are going to take top rebbeim.
My son is in 2nd grade. I wonder if I would have considered. I am extremely happy with rabbi eidensohn the new principal for pri and 1st.

Why would/should a current parent consider?
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Sun, Nov 22 2020, 3:59 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
They are opening this up on the cheder premises. They said they have room until 3rd grade.
I heard there are no slots this year and they are feeling pressured to accept kids so this was an alternative solution. They are going to take top rebbeim.
My son is in 2nd grade. I wonder if I would have considered. I am extremely happy with rabbi eidensohn the new principal for pri and 1st.

Why would/should a current parent consider?
Because the new school will have r Levin and two of the top primary rebbeim. And supposedly the smaller size of the school means more individualized attention.
Back to top

amother




Ginger
 

Post  Sun, Nov 22 2020, 4:03 pm
Rabbi levin?
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Sun, Nov 22 2020, 4:09 pm
Here’s the letter, sorry it’s sideways. It definitely says rabbi levin.
Back to top

amother




Copper
 

Post  Sun, Nov 22 2020, 4:27 pm
I'm considering. A way to get my kid away from a huge school yet with the backing of the cheder? I feel they'll make every effort to assist with it and make sure it runs smoothly otherwise these parents will bang on their door next year or 2.
Back to top

amother




Copper
 

Post  Sun, Nov 22 2020, 4:28 pm
But yeah, I do with they'd name a reliable administrator. Rabbi Levin is not well.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Sun, Nov 22 2020, 4:58 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
But yeah, I do with they'd name a reliable administrator. Rabbi Levin is not well.
Thats what worries me. The letter doesn’t say anything about his health at all when they’ve been arranging tehillim and drives for the past year. Rabbi levin is fantastic but I’m not at all sure he’s up to running a brand new school.
Back to top

amother




Brunette
 

Post  Sun, Nov 22 2020, 6:04 pm
So call up and ask who else is on the administration. This sounds very interesting. How will it be different if it’s being run on the premises?
Back to top

amother




Pumpkin
 

Post  Sun, Nov 29 2020, 5:06 pm
Rumor has it that they are going to make an effort after it reaches 3rd grade to have the new building closer to the Jackson neighborhoods (maybe even in Jackson). So that’s great for anyone near there. The cheder is a 20 minute drive from my Jackson home...
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Cleaning service in Lakewood
by amother
3 Yesterday at 11:13 pm View last post
Which store still has cute school shoes
by amother
15 Yesterday at 11:12 pm View last post
Lakewood Girls high school
by amother
123 Yesterday at 10:17 pm View last post
Lakewood hmo jersey care
by amother
9 Sat, Jan 16 2021, 11:16 pm View last post
Shabbos lock in Lakewood
by amother
2 Wed, Jan 13 2021, 9:29 am View last post