Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
If your kids tested positive....

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 4:24 pm
1.when are they able to go back to school?
I thought it was 14 days but CDC guidance stated 10 days. My child’s HS teacher requesting her to get neg nose swab before returning. Rambam urgent care told me two neg consecutive nose swabs required. Everyone said different things. My other child’s school said once symptoms subsided the child can return.

Where can I find correct answer and what did you do in your situation?

cuties' mom

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 4:58 pm
10 days for the person who tested positive. The doh said not to get retested. 14 days from last contact with positive person for the rest of the family.

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 5:06 pm
cuties' mom wrote:
10 days for the person who tested positive. The doh said not to get retested. 14 days from last contact with positive person for the rest of the family.

This is the cdc policy but the school can have whatever policy they want in place. Why don't you ask them

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 5:07 pm
my school's policy is 10 days for the child who tested positive assuming they are fever free (w/o meds) for the last day. Everyone else 12 days since last contact with infected person. If the infected person does not isolate then 20 days (8 days original person is contagious + an additional 12 days quarantine)

newmommy22

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 5:09 pm
If you wait for a negative swab it can take weeks/months. The swab can pick up dead virus long after the child is no longer contagious.

NotInNJMommy

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 5:10 pm
FWIW, NYS DOH does not require a negative test. It's 10 days post onset of symptoms and 72 hours fever free. (For NYS DOH) After a positive COVID test to return to school.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics