Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Well run BY sleep away camps

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 10:05 pm
I am looking into camps for my oldest daughter. We do live in the tri-state area but I would love a camp that is mixed with girls from many states. Her school is not yeshivish but it's pretty right wing. I think there are pluses in not going to a camp all her classmates are going to so I would love to hear about all the different options.

1ofbillions

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 11:00 pm
Camp Bais Yaakov is excellent! Very well run and it has a diverse group of girls.

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 12:00 am
1ofbillions wrote:
Camp Bais Yaakov is excellent! Very well run and it has a diverse group of girls.

I second that! Im a big CBYer, went for many years! They have mostly girls from in town although I am from oot and loved it! Amazing staff! Still have very close camp friends today:)

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 1:12 am
I’m going to third that! I went to CBY for 9 summers and loved every second!!
(For those who posted above- I wonder if we overlapped. I was theres shnas 68-76)

ruchelbuckle

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 9:52 pm
I think the camp with the girls from the most different places is going to be Agudah Midwest. When I spoke to someone in the Agudah of Illinois office 2 years ago, he told me that in summer of 2018, they had girls from 24 different states attending the camp. that totally blew my mind!

But OP-- do you want a camp that's well-run or a camp that has a ton of diversity? Not that they are mutually exclusive. But the title of your post says one thing, and the actual post says something else. So maybe figure out what your priorities are, and then pick a camp. I have no idea if Agudah Midwest is well-run or not-- I never sent a kid there.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 9:55 pm
ruchelbuckle wrote:
I think the camp with the girls from the most different places is going to be Agudah Midwest. When I spoke to someone in the Agudah of Illinois office 2 years ago, he told me that in summer of 2018, they had girls from 24 different states attending the camp. that totally blew my mind!

But OP-- do you want a camp that's well-run or a camp that has a ton of diversity? Not that they are mutually exclusive. But the title of your post says one thing, and the actual post says something else. So maybe figure out what your priorities are, and then pick a camp. I have no idea if Agudah Midwest is well-run or not-- I never sent a kid there.

I want both. I don't need it to be the most diverse. I just want a mixture of different states. I know some camps are very heavily lakewood or brooklyn and others are more diverse.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 10:56 pm
Agudah Midwest is both. So is Sviva, and Bnoseinu.

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 1:29 am
Camp Agudah Midwest is a great option! My daughter went for a few years recently. We're from OOT. There are girls from everywhere there - all out of town cities as well as plenty of Brooklyn, 5 Towns etc as well - they're just not the majority as in most of the East Coast camps. So we had to pay more for a plane ticket but it was totally worth it. Camp was well run, we were very happy. They do have a different director now I believe though. The girls are BY girls from more OOT Yeshivish or working yeshivish families. The more yeshivish version of this camp would be Camp Maaravah (both are run by the Aguadah of Chicago.) WHen I was asking the difference, I was told for ex. if they were doing a play, Camp Agudah might do a real play like Annie (obvioulsly kosherize where necessary) whereas Maaravah would do a Jewish version. Just one example. I'm sure there are more girls with smart phones (in the older grades) in Agudah than Maaravah but they're not allowed in camp at all anyway. (My DD didn't have one.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics