Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Help me not give up

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 10:58 pm
I had my 3rd six months ago
I’ve been on a diet for about 3 months working so hard so far I lost about 20 pounds which I should be thrilled about but I’m so depressed I don’t think it’s noticeable cause no one has said anything to me and nothing fits me it’s so hard to keep on going when you have so much to loose
I’m still over 200 pounds even with this 20 pound loss:(Sad

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 11:01 pm
Aw, you're doing great!

If your diet is healthy food, you're healing your body AS WELL AS losing weight. It might not be all noticeable yet, but it will be!

Be proud of yourself for hanging on so long. Take before and after pictures for yourself.

20 lb in 3 months is 80 lb in a year! (Of course that much doesn't usually happen that fast, but you get the idea.)

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 11:38 pm
Have you ever considered trying intermittent fasting?

(If interested in checking out, here's some detail. there's a lot of unreliable stuff out there, a great resource is Gin Stephens, you could try her book Fast, Feast, Repeat. If you have a smartphone, you could listen to her podcasts Intermittent Fasting Success Stories. IF has been really helpful for a lot of people, & those I'm familiar with who gives it a fair try (not for a few days, but several weeks, or a few months) agrees that it becomes easier living life with IF than not doing IF.
I was definitely hungrier when I was eating all throughout the day, than a few months into IF when I eat during a relatively small "eating window".)

Good luck!

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 11:47 pm
It’s so hard! I know exactly how you feel. I remember once going on a new diet and I was working really hard. I lost my first 10 lb and was feeling pretty good about it. I went to a party with tons of family, was feeling like I looked like I lost weight and no one said one word. Meanwhile I didn’t eat a thing at the party besides drink water while everyone else feasted. I was feeling pretty bad for myself. Fast forward a few months. I found the stamina to continue and before I knew it I was down 45 lb and feeling/looking amazing. Don’t give up! The beginning is the hardest! But if you stick it out you will get there!

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 11:50 pm
WOW! You are an inspiration to me!

I had my 3rd 7 months ago B"H and I only lost my baby weight from her, but not the weight from my other two!

I would love to lose 20 lb in 3 months - what a great rate of weight loss!

If you keep it up, I"m sure it will be noticeable really soon.

I am SO proud of you. You are amazing.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:47 am
My numbers were different. I started at 195 and lost 20 pounds with lifestyle changes then I hit a plateau. I decided it was still worth keeping it up. My doctors liked numbers that were going down and I felt good.

Everything counts. Good luck!

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:52 am
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
My numbers were different. I started at 195 and lost 20 pounds with lifestyle changes then I hit a plateau. I decided it was still worth keeping it up. My doctors liked numbers that were going down and I felt good.

Everything counts. Good luck!

How did you get through your plateau? I'm in one now and it's very discouraging.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise