Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Unemployment , lost out

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 12:45 pm
I filed for unemployment mid March. I ended up only being eligible for PUI with the minimum weekly payment. This was because they didn't count my income from January to March, since I filed in March. I worked from September to March.
I'm so upset! If I would have filed starting in April, I would have gotten a much larger weekly benefit. has anyone else had this experience? Why can't they count January until the date I worked when calculating the benefit amount?? I literally lost out on at least $10,000 Crying

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 12:47 pm
The pandemic didnt start in January

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 12:53 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
The pandemic didnt start in January

I know, I'm referring to them taking jan- March into account when calculating my benefit rate.

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 1:21 pm
I don't want this to be taken the wrong way.
It really hurts and is very frustrating when we think that something that is coming to us doesn't come. We feel like we are losing out and it's just NOT FAIR!!
I really feel for you.
However, something that would put it in perspective for me would be to think, that Hashem wrote down what my parnossa will be on Rosh Hashana and that No One can stop that from coming to me. So, if it's meant for me to have x amount of money, I will have it, either with NYS Unemployment or other.

Hugs op, and yimale Hashem chisronam.

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 1:27 pm
Payroll is reported quarterly so they can only count wages that were reported to Dept of labor.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 1:31 pm
my husband is self employed we gave them his income from last 2 yrs and we also got minimum plus pandemic!
If it makes you feel better you're far from the only one!!

Mashy123

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 6:30 pm
Doesn't seem to make sense.

If they have work records, they give you %50 of the amount you earned + $600 a week from April till the end of July, then august till mid Sep you got $300 instead of the $600.

If you don't have work records, the calculate the base rate at $182 + the above bonuses.

I assume you mean that you lost out on the $600, but that shouldn't be like that, whatever your base pay rate is, you still get the $600 per week.

So even if you made only $100 a week before the pandemic, you get every week $50 + the bonus

Either way, if you feel that your base pay rate is not correct, you can file for a reconsideration & send in your pay stubs as proof.

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 6:54 pm
There is an option to have an alternate base period used to calculate wages. You would need to submit a request for reconsideration. I did, and did not receive a response, and am still trying to get through to them... but it is a thing so it's worth trying. Good luck.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics