Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
NYC Yellow zone & schools .. can someone clarify

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 1:44 pm
Hi
I live in a yellow zone and my kids go to a school in another zipcode that’s also currently in the yellow zone .... but looks like it’s heading towards Orange according to our governor
Baruch HaShem my kids school isn’t in a Jewish area at all, so at least we can’t be blamed for the rise in cases
But does anyone know ... if the area turns orange will school shut down and go remote ?
There seems to be conflicting info out there.
Currently my kids school is testing 20% of the school every week & is doing fine
Will the yeshivos we allowed to operate & test in Orange Zone ?
Thanx

doctorima

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 2:16 pm
Nobody knows for sure, as these things literally change daily based on the whims and "science" of our governor. But as I presently understand it, if they were to become orange, I think they would have to temporarily close until they could test the entire student body, at which point they'd be allowed to reopen with ongoing weekly testing similar to what they do already. Unless Cuomo wakes up in a bad mood, in which case all bets are off.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 3:03 pm
doctorima wrote:
Nobody knows for sure, as these things literally change daily based on the whims and "science" of our governor. But as I presently understand it, if they were to become orange, I think they would have to temporarily close until they could test the entire student body, at which point they'd be allowed to reopen with ongoing weekly testing similar to what they do already. Unless Cuomo wakes up in a bad mood, in which case all bets are off.

Thank you for the explanation .

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 3:04 pm
I'm pretty sure they changed the rules and just as the majority of flatbush entered the yellow zone, the mayor put the whole city in orange. This only applies to public schools. Private schools are in the governer's jurisdiction and he is keeping them open for now

cnc

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 3:50 pm
At this point , schools are not necessarily closed due the zone that they’re in... meaning switching zones is not an automatic school closure.

But that could change tomorrow or in an hour - depending on our mayor’s mood.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics