Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Do your kids ask permission?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 2:51 pm
Do your kids need to ask you before they grab something from cabinets or fridge? or if they see some goodies on the counter would they ask you before if they can have? or everything is free and open to everyone whenever?

ExtraCredit

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 2:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do your kids need to ask you before they grab something from cabinets or fridge? or if they see some goodies on the counter would they ask you before if they can have? or everything is free and open to everyone whenever?

Up to 10-11 years old they ask, after that all is free!

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 2:53 pm
Yes they need to ask. They do know that certain foods will get a yes all the time, mostly vegtables and fruits. And other food will probably be a yes unless it's right before meals. My kids are under 10. Maybe when they are older things will change.

mha3484

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 2:54 pm
If its in the house they can eat it. If they want a fruit or vegetable cut up for them like a pepper or cucumber I might say I need that for dinner please take something else but otherwise I dont buy food I dont want eaten.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 2:54 pm
Everything is free and open and easy access.
Signed, a Montessori Mama

Success10

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 2:56 pm
I used to think they asked first. Then one day I started taking inventory.... Ah, well.

ExtraCredit

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 2:56 pm
Success10 wrote:
I used to think they asked first. Then one day I started taking inventory.... Ah, well.

LOL

notshanarishona

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 2:59 pm
depends on their age. I would think until around 7-10 they ask.

avrahamama

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 3:12 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Everything is free and open and easy access.
Signed, a Montessori Mama

Same. Except for the stuff that is purposely out of reach. (Candy, and certain cookies)

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 3:13 pm
avrahamama wrote:
Same. Except for the stuff that is purposely out of reach. (Candy, and certain cookies)

And the alcohol Very Happy

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 3:16 pm
They half ask, half tell, half (yes a 3rd half) hope I don't notice. The youngest is 17.

happinessseeker

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 3:19 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
They half ask, half tell, half (yes a 3rd half) hope I don't notice. The youngest is 17.

17+ and they need to ask before taking a snack?! I’m shocked

professor

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 3:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Wow just a few minutes ago my 4 year old wanted some candy. I said not until you eat up your supper. I turn away and he climbed into the cabinet and had candy! Without eating what's on his plate first!

My older kids would never dare! Can't Believe It

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 3:29 pm
happinessseeker wrote:
17+ and they need to ask before taking a snack?! I’m shocked

It's more of can I eat this or is it being saved for something. It is a curtesy, less of a permission.

behappy2

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 3:30 pm
For candy or cookies they need to ask. For fruits or vegies I need to beg Very Happy

happinessseeker

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 3:49 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
It's more of can I eat this or is it being saved for something. It is a curtesy, less of a permission.

Got it Smile

Blessing1

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 3:53 pm
They don't ask for permission per se, they just make sure with my that they can have what they're taking. I think it's basic manners. They say "ma I'm taking a cucumber/snack/yogurt....."
My younger kids do ask me if they can have snack or fruit.

Stars

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 3:56 pm
Almost everything is open for taking. I’m in charge of what comes in to my house and if there’s something I need and/or don’t want anyone to take I put it in a black bag and stuff it in the veggie drawer. No one looks there.

Notsobusy

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 3:59 pm
If I buy something I don't want them to eat, I either tell them or hide it. They ask me before they take real treats, like pickles and ice cream. Everything else is available for the taking.

silverlining3

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 4:15 pm
Under 10 and they mostly ask. Often it's while holding already what they want, hoping for a yes. Sometimes they'll take even I said no-then it's up to me to decide if I wanna fight them or not ha
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics