Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
I got a call from dept of labor
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 7:32 pm
tweety1 wrote:
Just make sure it was a legit phone call. Many scammers out there and they get you by calling.

I called back the number. Its legit
What happens if I ignore it and I don't call her back by Wednesday that she said she needs answers by

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What happens if I ignore it and I don't call her back by Wednesday that she said she needs answers by

Usually you can’t get unemployment for quitting.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

You can't just get money from the government and then ignore their phone calls. You're not even supposed to get unemployment unless you were fired, or there was a major thing going on (like they wouldn't let you leave for shabbos, or they were overly abusive and you have the paperwork to show it).

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:05 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
Usually you can’t get unemployment for quitting.

But it was during corona

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
But it was during corona

That doesn't matter.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:06 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
You can't just get money from the government and then ignore their phone calls. You're not even supposed to get unemployment unless you were fired, or there was a major thing going on (like they wouldn't let you leave for shabbos, or they were overly abusive and you have the paperwork to show it).

But why will I have to give back 3K I only worked for them for a week. So big deal 600 ill give back to them but 3K doesn't make sense. Where do they get that number

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:07 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:

They were disgusting employers so that's why I left but I'm not going to give their names to the DOL I'm not going to moiser on them

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
But why will I have to give back 3K I only worked for them for a week. So big deal 600 ill give back to them but 3K doesn't make sense. Where do they get that number

Did you take 3k from unemployment $$?

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

How much unemployment did you receive from them in total?

Blessing1

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

If you ignore their calls they'll deduct the money from your account. It doesn't matter how long you worked for that company, it matters how much unemployment you received from when you quit.
Did you also receive unemployment benefits while you were working and didn't give in that you're working?

Last edited by Blessing1 on Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:12 pm; edited 2 times in total

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:10 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Did you take 3k from unemployment $$?

I got over 10K altogether

liveandlove.ima

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:10 pm
OP you should contact your accountant or get yourself one

Blessing1

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

So you might have to give back the amount you got from when you quit the 2nd job.

thunderstorm

amother [ OP ] wrote:

So then it makes sense . They are asking you to pay back the part you were not eligible for.

Last edited by thunderstorm on Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Blessing1 wrote:
If you ignore their calls they'll deduct the money from your account. It doesn't matter how long you worked for that company, it matter how much unemployment you received from when you quit.
Did you also receive unemployment benefits while you were working and didn't give in that you're working?

They want names of people who made me quit- because I said I wasn't happy there

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:13 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Right. They asked you why you quit. You gave a reason. Now you need to specify so that they could indeed see if this qualifies as workplace harassment. Otherwise they believe that you didn’t have good cause to quit.

Blessing1

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:13 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

That makes sense. They need to investigate if your reason for quiting is indeed eligible to receive unemployment. Unfortunately, many people cheated the system during covid so it makes sense that they'll be rigorous with their investigations.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:16 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Right. They asked you why you quit. You gave a reason. Now you need to specify so that they could indeed see if this qualifies as workplace harassment. Otherwise they believe that you didn’t have good cause to quit.

How can I give names? Is that allowed in halacha.

Blessing1

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How can I give names? Is that allowed in halacha.

I don't believe it's moiser because they won't get in trouble if you give their names. This has nothing to do with them and nothing will happen to them if you give their names. They just want to verify your eligibility.
If you're unsure, ask a sheila.

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:29 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
I don't believe it's moiser because they won't get in trouble if you give their names. This has nothing to do with them and nothing will happen to them if you give their names. They just want to verify your eligibility.
If you're unsure, ask a sheila.

Actually, yes, she is alleging that they engaged in some sort of behavior that created a hostile work environment that forced her to quit.

But its either name them or give back the funds that you were not entitled to because you quit your job.

OP, again, I really suggest that you google and talk to someone who does these things. Not answering is not possible.
Page 2 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics