Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
I got a call from dept of labor
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 7:10 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
Who said it's a poisonous atmosphere?
She doesn't like the atmosphere doesn’t necessarily
mean that the people did anything wrong, just not everyone can handle every type of work environment. Not everyone is cut out for every job.

You can't quit and collect unemployment because you just don't like the job or the atmosphere.

Please read by first post in which I explained the limited circumstances in which one can quit and claim unemployment.

I was attempting to give OP the benefit of the doubt by stating that the atmosphere might be one which would provide her with good cause to quit.

That is - what I thought - was the purpose of this thread. If OP wants to avoid paying back unemployment which she is not entitled to the burden is ON HER to provide a good reason for quitting and do it before the date when she was told to provide it.

And if she claims she doesn't like the atmosphere without providing a good cause reason for quitting, she will lose her appeal.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 7:22 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
It could.

The employer who is responsible for the unemployment may be asked to reply to her allegations. So they go back and say that OP says she quit because coworkers s-xually harassed her; employer looks into it and finds it credible. Coworkers may get fired.

I was verbally harassed but how do you prove that? Either way I'm not looking to go in to that!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 7:23 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
You can't quit and collect unemployment because you just don't like the job or the atmosphere.

Please read by first post in which I explained the limited circumstances in which one can quit and claim unemployment.

I was attempting to give OP the benefit of the doubt by stating that the atmosphere might be one which would provide her with good cause to quit.

That is - what I thought - was the purpose of this thread. If OP wants to avoid paying back unemployment which she is not entitled to the burden is ON HER to provide a good reason for quitting and do it before the date when she was told to provide it.

And if she claims she doesn't like the atmosphere without providing a good cause reason for quitting, she will lose her appeal.

During covid if you lost your job then you were able to file for unemployment. If you were looking for a job and actively seeking you were eligible. So I was until I was hired and then after I quit with good reason I was looking for a job again. Your saying that the second time I was filing for unemployment I was not eligible?

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 7:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I was verbally harassed but how do you prove that? Either way I'm not looking to go in to that!

Which is why most people wouldn’t even consider applying for unemployment after quitting a job. I’m sorry, OP, you can try to talk to a qualified lawyer to see if there’s anything you can do to get around this, but it sounds like you’re out of luck.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 7:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
During covid if you lost your job then you were able to file for unemployment. If you were looking for a job and actively seeking you were eligible. So I was until I was hired and then after I quit with good reason I was looking for a job again. Your saying that the second time I was filing for unemployment I was not eligible?

You need to contact unemployment but yes you can't quit a job and collect unemployment.

Many people lose their job and then get a new job. You can't decide to quit the new job unless it is for one of the reasons that people have mentioned over and over again.

You can't quit a job just because you don't like the atmosphere unless there is something in the atmosphere that rises to what is called "good cause".

No one on this thread knows your circumstances but I can say with 100% certainty that if they have given you a deadline to provide information, you need to follow up in a timely manner or you will probably lose for default.

COVID is a red herring as far as I can tell. You lost a job and were eligible. You then got a new job - quit that job and therefore probably are no longer eligible.

But again, provide whatever information that are asking for and then see what happens.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 7:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Why don't you want to let unemployment know exactly what the circumstances were for quitting.

Harassment is probably a good cause reason for quitting.

You can understand why you need to provide some factual basis for claiming you had a good reason to quit.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 7:34 pm
Why don't you want to let unemployment know exactly what the circumstances were for quitting.

You can understand why you need to provide some factual basis for claiming you had a good reason to quit.

Harassment is good cause but there needs to be some proof. If you were only there for a week I wouldn't get my hopes up as you need to show that you tried to resolve the issue. I hope you still have the money available to return.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 7:36 pm
[quote="amother [ Babyblue ]"]You need to contact unemployment but yes you can't quit a job and collect unemployment.

Many people lose their job and then get a new job. You can't decide to quit the new job unless it is for one of the reasons that people have mentioned over and over again.

You can't quit a job just because you don't like the atmosphere unless there is something in the atmosphere that rises to what is called "good cause".

Who says???

No one on this thread knows your circumstances but I can say with 100% certainty that if they have given you a deadline to provide information, you need to follow up in a timely manner or you will probably lose for default.

COVID is a red herring as far as I can tell. You lost a job and were eligible. You then got a new job - quit that job and therefore probably are no longer eligible.

But again, provide whatever information that are asking for and then see what happens.[/quote]
So I need to moiser?? I mean they weren't nice to me my employers but doesn't mean I want to give in their names!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 7:37 pm

I told them I didn't like the environment that it wasn't friendly and stopped when they asked me for names

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 7:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I told them I didn't like the environment that it wasn't friendly and stopped when they asked me for names

Once more - you are not guaranteed a "friendly" atmosphere at a job. I have held jobs where I loathed my co-workers as have many people.

If their actions were such that you had a valid reason for leaving so that you can collect unemployment, why not let unemployment know. Their behavior has to be incredibly bad to rise to that level and I would feel no qualms in protecting myself after receiving that kind of treatment. I would feel no qualms at protecting other people and stopping that kind of behavior as well.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 7:45 pm
[quote="amother [ OP ]"]

Who says???

!

The regulations for unemployment eligibility generally state that you can only quit for "good cause" and be eligible.

Can't you see how not having that requirement would provide no incentive for not quitting a job? Unemployment assumes people will work because they need the money even if they don't love their jobs.

It is only if there are serious mental or physical reasons that one has "good cause" to quit and claim.

Again, this is not me saying it - this is the law.

But one more time - I have no idea what your purpose is. At the very least you need to contact the Unemployment Office by the deadline to keep your claim alive.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 7:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

OP, respectfully, you don't seem to understand how the labor system works.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 7:49 pm
Once more - you are not guaranteed a "friendly" atmosphere at a job. I have held jobs where I loathed my co-workers as have many people.

If their actions were such that you had a valid reason for leaving so that you can collect unemployment, why not let unemployment know. Their behavior has to be incredibly bad to rise to that level and I would feel no qualms in protecting myself after receiving that kind of treatment. I would feel no qualms at protecting other people and stopping that kind of behavior as well.

Because its considered moisering and I don't want to go against the torah

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 7:50 pm
[quote="amother [ Navy ]"]OP, respectfully, you don't seem to understand how the labor system works.[/quote
Yeah they have crooked minds.

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 7:51 pm
[quote="amother [ OP ]"]
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
OP, respectfully, you don't seem to understand how the labor system works.[/quote
Yeah they have crooked minds.

Touché

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 7:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Because its considered moisering and I don't want to go against the torah

Call a Rav. You may or may not be correct in this case.

Blessing1

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 7:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Employees not being nice to you is not an eligible excuse for unemployment. Unfortunately most people experience co-workers or a boss not being nice to us. You might also not be eligible for unemployment from after the 2nd job because you were only there for a week. You need to find someone that specializes in this field and would be able to help you out. Is there someone in your community that helps out with Food Stamps & section 8? Maybe they'd be able to help you with this.

Last edited by Blessing1 on Mon, Nov 23 2020, 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 7:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

If you lost your job due to covid, which you did not. Example- my son worked for a construction company that was closed from march until june, as were many construction sites. He received unemployment plus covid pay until June. In June he was rehired part time- so he received some unemployment- based on hours he worked.

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 7:58 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
You might also not be eligible for unemployment from after the 2nd job because you were only there for a week. You need to find someone that specializes in this field and would be able to help you out. Is there someone in your community that helps out with Food Stamps & section 8? Maybe they'd be able to help you with this.

Depends on we’re op is from. Nj and md have very broad unemployment laws. It can go back 5 quarters of work so even if there was short employment in the middle it can still apply. I think ny also allows for back work history.

Be aware that your old employer may be integrating this bec it may be costing them and they feel they shouldn’t have to pay if.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:10 pm
Why not just make it out like a COVID issue, were there masks and social distancing? If not say that you did not feel safe in that environment.
Page 4 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics