Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Any Prospect elementary parents on here?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 1:25 pm
I'm considering sending my daughter to prospect Elementary in Brooklyn. We are quite sure that the school and administration is the right fit for us but we are unsure what the parent body is like these days. My husband wears a hat on Shabbos and we are not insular or Yishvish, though I wear tights or leggings and we don't have a TV in our living room. I don't mind if some of the class is not like us or even if most of the class is not. But I do want to be sure that there are some parents like us in the school or better yet the preschool now. Please keep the comments to first or secondhand information only. I know the "reputation" of the school. Thanks for your help!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 1:33 pm
My girls are in the high school. It’s a fantastic school! I don’t know about the elementary but there’s a big mix in the high school. We only have tv in our bedroom. It’s not accessible to the kids whenever although they do have tablets/iPads that have filters

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 2:06 pm
Thank you! Would you say that there is a part of the parent body that is the "black hat" type? Does anyone have info on the elementary and preschool?

newyorkmom

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 2:11 pm
My sister sends her girls there (one in the preschool). She fits into your description ...black hat on shabbos. No tv. Frum but open minded.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 3:25 pm
Thanks! Anyone else have first hand info?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 6:00 pm
Just bumping this for those of us who just finished work. Thanks everyone!

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 6:12 pm
My relatives who send: fathers don’t wear a black hat. Tv in living room. Super nice people

amother
Black

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 6:12 pm
My neighbor has a daughter in the preschool. The father wears a black hat on shabbos. They are a wonderful family.

My daughters are in the high school. So happy with the school.

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 6:14 pm
My girls go there. Its an amazing school.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 7:17 pm
Thank you everyone for your responses. They are helping us with our decision! The poster that says her daughters go there, what is your take on the parent and student body? Will my daughter feel out of place with a father with a black hat and mother who (tries to) follow basic tznius guidelines? (Elbows, knees, high necks, cover legs) Also if there is any other first hand info about the school any of you would like to share I would love to hear it!

amother
Black

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 7:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you everyone for your responses. They are helping us with our decision! The poster that says her daughters go there, what is your take on the parent and student body? Will my daughter feel out of place with a father with a black hat and mother who (tries to) follow basic tznius guidelines? (Elbows, knees, high necks, cover legs) Also if there is any other first hand info about the school any of you would like to share I would love to hear it!

My neighbor dresses like that and so do I.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 7:30 pm
I send there, you certainly will not feel out of place dressing tznius.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 7:44 am
Thank you everyone for your input. I really appreciate it!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics