Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Neck scarf as accessory/what to wear on head

juggling

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 9:25 pm
If one wears a scarf around the neck as an accessory, what can one wear on their head without looking silly? I don't wear sheitels, for the most part. Can I wear a simple head scarf that doesn't clash with my neck scarf? Or should I wear a beanie, in such a case? I tried tying my head scarf in such a way that the tails fell in front of my chest, and I thought that was kind of cute. Is that normal-looking? In any case, still wondering how I would cover my hair, if I had tied the scarf around my neck.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 9:27 pm
juggling wrote:
If one wears a scarf around the neck as an accessory, what can one wear on their head without looking silly? I don't wear sheitels, for the most part. Can I wear a simple head scarf that doesn't clash with my neck scarf? Or should I wear a beanie, in such a case? I tried tying my head scarf in such a way that the tails fell in front of my chest, and I thought that was kind of cute. Is that normal-looking? In any case, still wondering how I would cover my hair, if I had tied the scarf around my neck.

One of the scarves should be solid. Don't wear two prints together even if they coordinate, with scarves it will be too much.

juggling

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 9:31 pm
ra_mom wrote:
One of the scarves should be solid. Don't wear two prints together even if they coordinate, with scarves it will be too much.

Okay, that makes sense. If I wear a solid scarf on my head I can wear a patterned one around my neck? Can I tie the head scarf up high, turban style? Or should I keep it low?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 10:21 pm
juggling wrote:
Okay, that makes sense. If I wear a solid scarf on my head I can wear a patterned one around my neck? Can I tie the head scarf up high, turban style? Or should I keep it low?

I think either style can work. See how they look together and have fun!

juggling

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 10:23 pm
Thank you!

Frumwithallergies

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 10:37 pm
I prefer the beanie look with coat + scarf.
If I am wearing a tichel, I try to avoid a scarf around my neck too.
The neck scarf also works if you are wearing a baseball or newsie cap, but not so much if you are wearing a tichel.
What about finding some interesting collars for volume around your neck?
If I can, I'll try to find a pic.

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Nov 24 2020, 11:40 pm
If the two scarves are of different style. It works well if you were a thicker Bobo with a thicker scarf with lots of volume. I have a friend who only wears tichels and loves scarves and she always looks amazing. And she does do two patterns

Frumwithallergies

Post Wed, Nov 25 2020, 5:21 am
LovesHashem wrote:
If the two scarves are of different style. It works well if you were a thicker Bobo with a thicker scarf with lots of volume. I have a friend who only wears tichels and loves scarves and she always looks amazing. And she does do two patterns

That's a great idea!
I'm going to try it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels