Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Please Help me regain SMELL and TASTE
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Nov 30 2020, 3:12 pm
If there's one thing I learned from this experience, it's to understand picky eaters. I lost my smell and taste. Got back taste, but many things taste gross now, like cucumbers and peppers which I've always loved. I finally understand picky eaters, they probably taste things differently.

honey bunny

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 10:12 pm
https://I.imgur.com/WhQDUuP.jpg

Just saw this posted on someone's WhatsApp. Maybe worth a try

honey bunny

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 10:13 pm
https://I.imgur.com/WhQDUuP.jpg

Just saw this posted on someone's WhatsApp. Maybe worth a try

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 10:38 pm
Wow! Thanks! I've actually been strictly religious with the olfactory training and after 3 days started seeing slow results but definite improvement. Once it started to improve it keeps improving bH. I still want to try the drink and will try this as well iyH! Thanks so much!!!!

giselle

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 11:00 pm
ra_mom wrote:
If your nasal cavity is swollen then anti-inflammatories may help, like steroids, maybe even that drink.
But if the olfactory sensory neurons were damaged by covid, you need to wait for them to regenerate.

How do you know which it is? If I have regained both senses but not fully, any idea what would work for me?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 03 2020, 11:08 pm
This is what worked for me, I'm not perfect yet. I want to try the drink and supplement as well. It can't hurt to do it all.
I am putting what I did here in case it can help anyone. I so much appreciate all the advice and support!

I did the olfactory training. Official training is 4 oils smelled 3-6 times a day for 20 seconds each. I tried to imagine the smell and force my brain to remember each smell while I smelled, I didn't time 20 seconds though! I used more and tried to do it 5 times a day until my smell came back on day 3-4 of doing this. I did start it literally on day 2 of no smelling. My daughter didn't do it as often and while she's improving it is taking her longer... (just keep it on your night table so for sure you do your morning and night!)

I used these essential oils: 

peppermint (always smelled this first bec I felt like the strong scent can wake up my senses! While I always felt it go down I couldn't smell it at first)

Grapefruit (the first smell I actually finally smelled maybe bec of my strong addiction and love to this fruit!)

Eucalyptus (one of the four oils recommended) but I didn't want to do it right after peppermint, I wanted to break up the scents because the point is to smell different style smells

Frankincense (more for the medicinal benefits, I still can't smell this)

Lemon (one of the recommended four oils)

Clove (one of the four recommended oils - took me time to smell this)

Geranium (I didn't have rose, which is recommended so I did this. I just started smelling this one!)

Keep davening! Much hatzlocha and refuah shelima to all!

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 4:54 pm
Hi all lost my sense is taste and smell on Monday it’s hard really really hard a question regarding essential oils . Where can I purchase these ?
Thanks so much

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 4:57 pm
An additional question last week I began having extreme breast pain like I could not move took Motrin and Advil on Friday I went for a mammogram and sonogram everything checked out pain was worse over Shabbos went to my Gyn who said it can be the onset of menopause thankfully Baruch HaShem pain has subsided can it be COVID ? Tested Sunday was negative lost sense of smell I guess late Sunday nite early Monday

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 5:23 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
Hi all lost my sense is taste and smell on Monday it’s hard really really hard a question regarding essential oils . Where can I purchase these ?
Thanks so much

You can get them on amazon. Most of my oils are from the company Now essential oils.
I have heard the weirdest symptoms from covid. Literally anything can be covid related!

ra_mom

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 5:24 pm
Thanks so much

I bought on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....fac46

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....e7bc7

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....f3937

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....bedbd

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....1a0bd

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....257b2

ra_mom

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 5:28 pm
giselle wrote:
How do you know which it is? If I have regained both senses but not fully, any idea what would work for me?

I am sorry, I didn't see your post.
My doc had me go on a round of prednisone to see if any inflammation would go down. It didn't work which meant that inflammation wasn't the issue. There was damage.

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 6:42 pm
Thanks for all and any info advice I appreciate it. If there is permanent damage is there a possibility of ever regaining smell and taste ? Also should I wait since I’m on day 4 or order oil on Amazon immediately
Thanks to all HaShem should send everyone a yeshua and refuah

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 6:56 pm
Thanks for all and any info advice I appreciate it. If there is permanent damage is there a possibility of ever regaining smell and taste ? Also should I wait since I’m on day 4 or order oil on Amazon immediately
Thanks to all HaShem should send everyone a yeshua and refuah

I started it right away I believe the sooner you keep it "alive" and fight your brain, the sooner and better you recover! My daughter wasn't as consistent as me and it took her much longer so she started to be consistent and saw improvement right away.

s c

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 7:36 pm
Had it in March and it took many weeks to get back some basic sense of taste but its only now that I can taste everything again, even subtle tasting foods. I thought that was it for me so dont give up hope for those who have lost it for a long time!

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 11:42 pm
s c wrote:
Had it in March and it took many weeks to get back some basic sense of taste but its only now that I can taste everything again, even subtle tasting foods. I thought that was it for me so dont give up hope for those who have lost it for a long time!

Did you do anything? Or just waited it out?

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Dec 17 2020, 11:59 pm
If anyone experienced unexplained breast pain for several days then suddenly lost sense of smell and tasted and that was it please let me know I will iyh order the essential oils just wondering if any health food stores in bklyn I can pick them up tomorrow ? I would like to begin this treatment over Shabbos I am getting nervous and panicking over this inability to taste and smell talk about appreciating This valuable sense HaShem bestowed onto us . Praying that I’ll be able to smell my challa tomorrow
Thanks so much to all who responded

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 18 2020, 12:26 am
You can call the healthfood stores. I am sure some will sell some version of them....

s c

Post Fri, Dec 18 2020, 4:57 am
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
Did you do anything? Or just waited it out?

Just waited it out

DrMom

Post Fri, Dec 18 2020, 6:44 am
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Can sugar to added to make it palatable? Can I use hot milk instead of water?

If you can't taste anything, why not just drink it as is?

How would adding sugar make it any more palatable?

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Dec 18 2020, 6:55 am
DrMom wrote:
If you can't taste anything, why not just drink it as is?

How would adding sugar make it any more palatable?

Those with covid who lost their sense of taste can still taste sweet and salty. After that there are varying degrees of what they can taste and what they can't. And then comes the parosmia where suddenly they can taste but it's distorted and everything tastes foul besides for the sweet and salty and it's just awful.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics