Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Mother of Bride gown - sale or made to size (urgent)

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 4:26 pm
Please post any places that sells big sizes for "mother of" or that sews gowns
Reasonable prices please

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 4:43 pm
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....11953
There are also many gemachim if you're interested.

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 6:46 pm
Try David’s Bridal in Freehold. They have 3 departments: bridal, bridesmaids, and formalwear. The formalwear section has a lot of beautiful gowns and dresses. I believe they have plus size (depending how big) and they also do alterations. A friend just got her bridal gown there, paid much less than a frum rental would have cost even after she paid them to build it up. They did a gorgeous job!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 8:44 pm
Do they have selection there? On their website they say that they have a limited amount because most of them are made to order.
My chasene is in 4 weeks iyh, I want to know if it pays to pay a car service all the way there

ImmaBubby

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 8:56 pm
I would call David’s bridal before schlepping. I don’t live in the tristate area and my last unsuccessful trip to this store ended abruptly when the salesperson asked me for what year (!) I needed the gown, when my daughter was getting married in 2 months. It was definitely not a frum mindset.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 9:04 pm
https://I.imgur.com/LiMPiXk.jpg
Not sure if I copied picture correctly

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 9:40 pm
My friend who recently went to David’s had 7 weeks (or less) till her wedding. When I’ve gone for dresses/gowns I’ve simply answered those types of questions honestly (the wedding is tomorrow/ we need it for next week) and they have no problem (obviously, I wasn’t looking for alterations that quickly).

Their selection depends but the website is very deceptive. In the formalwear section, they change the stock quite often, that means the ‘clearance’ section has lots of options, even ones that the website says are sold out.

You can (maybe even should) make an appointment. I would recommend telling them what you are looking for (size/color/etc) when you call & see what they say.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 26 2020, 10:49 pm
I appreciate all of you that replied
Thanks

hello 1

Post Fri, Nov 27 2020, 7:10 am
I have a beautiful gown size 18/20 mother of chosson. Worn once.
Looking to sell. You can pm me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries