Home

Back in Quarantine 😞
Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Issues of Concern within Frum Society -> Coronavirus/ COVID19 Health Concerns


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


oneofakind




 
 
 
 

Post  Sat, Nov 28 2020, 7:49 pm
Seriously retest.
Back to top

ROFL




 
 
 
 

Post  Sat, Nov 28 2020, 7:53 pm
Do you have a backyard. When the weather is good ( like last week had a few good days - go out and let them play in back yard.
Let them watch TV Lots of cartoons etc that they can watch.
Books. Have neighbors Bring you some new books for each child.
Maybe you can ask friends to lend you some games they have that will be new to your kids ?
Hatzlcha
Back to top

amother




Seafoam
 

Post  Sat, Nov 28 2020, 8:53 pm
If the school is ok with it, send them back after 10 days if everyone is negative. CDC is shortening quarantine time. We're doing 24 days because the elementary school insisted, but my high schooler went back after 14 days.
Back to top

DVOM




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Nov 29 2020, 11:19 am
Update:

Amazing, miraculous news!!!

Overnight results came back today....and it was a false positive! We don't need to quarantine!

I'm dizzy and disoriented from this emotional rollercoaster, but so so so grateful. I feel like a jail sentence was just commuted. A jail sentence was just commuted, come to think of it!

Thank you all so much for the prayers and support!
Back to top

amother




Lemon
 

Post  Sun, Nov 29 2020, 11:21 am
B"H! WOW! So happy for you!

Real good takeaways here...
Back to top

chanchy123




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Nov 29 2020, 11:29 am
Honestly, you can just hide in bed for a day or two. Since your husband is home, have him deal with the kids and the house and everything and just lock yourself in your room for a day or two of Ray if that’s what you need. You don’t need to be supermom you’re dealing with unusual circumstances and it’s ok to give yourself a break. You know you’re doing the right thing cut yourself some slack about your other responsibilities.
Posted before I read your update - but keep this in mind if this ever happens again.
Back to top

amother




Plum
 

Post  Sun, Nov 29 2020, 12:19 pm
DVOM wrote:
Update:

Amazing, miraculous news!!!

Overnight results came back today....and it was a false positive! We don't need to quarantine!

I'm dizzy and disoriented from this emotional rollercoaster, but so so so grateful. I feel like a jail sentence was just commuted. A jail sentence was just commuted, come to think of it!

Thank you all so much for the prayers and support!


Yup! basically explains why the rest of your community does not take this seriously.
Back to top

amother




Rose
 

Post  Sun, Nov 29 2020, 12:29 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
Yup! basically explains why the rest of your community does not take this seriously.



This. Still don’t believe Covid is becoming more and more politicized?

(Yes I know of many tragic deaths in the beginning , but that doesn’t mean it still isnt politicized by our selfish lying politicians.)
Back to top

amother




Chartreuse
 

Post  Sun, Nov 29 2020, 12:30 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
This. Still don’t believe Covid is becoming more and more politicized?

(Yes I know of many tragic deaths in the beginning , but that doesn’t mean it still isnt politicized by our selfish lying politicians.)


What's political about inaccurate rapid tests?

I know of tragic deaths in the last month.
Back to top

ra_mom




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Nov 29 2020, 12:37 pm
That is great news!! Hug Cheers Compress
Back to top

amother




Papaya
 

Post  Sun, Nov 29 2020, 12:41 pm
I understood that children do not transmit the virus.

When I and my husband came down with covid a month ago we quarantined for 7 days from when we started showing symptoms.
I did go buy groceries since I felt better then my husband.

And I.did send all my children to school.
I was told its fine.
Back to top

ExtraCredit




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Nov 29 2020, 12:42 pm
DVOM wrote:
Update:

Amazing, miraculous news!!!

Overnight results came back today....and it was a false positive! We don't need to quarantine!

I'm dizzy and disoriented from this emotional rollercoaster, but so so so grateful. I feel like a jail sentence was just commuted. A jail sentence was just commuted, come to think of it!

Thank you all so much for the prayers and support!


I’m truly happy for you! How are you celebrating? Cheers cake Popcorn Ice cream
Back to top

amother




Mauve
 

Post  Sun, Nov 29 2020, 12:54 pm
I'm happy you don't have to quarantine in the end but I'm confused about why it's all over the school. My kids' school is having weekly testing of 20% of students. They have a phone option for the kids in quarantine. They're a large, mainstream school so I assumed that was typical.

I'm not saying what they do is comparable to other places but if covid is running rampant the weekly testing ought to catch it.
Back to top

chanchy123




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Nov 29 2020, 1:00 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
I understood that children do not transmit the virus.

When I and my husband came down with covid a month ago we quarantined for 7 days from when we started showing symptoms.
I did go buy groceries since I felt better then my husband.

And I.did send all my children to school.
I was told its fine.

Where do you live and who told you this was fine?
Where I live, both of these things would be huge violations. Does your children’s’ school not have a querentaine policy, even if your state/country does not? Sounds very odd to me.


Last edited by chanchy123 on Sun, Nov 29 2020, 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top

amother




Plum
 

Post  Sun, Nov 29 2020, 1:13 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
I'm happy you don't have to quarantine in the end but I'm confused about why it's all over the school. My kids' school is having weekly testing of 20% of students. They have a phone option for the kids in quarantine. They're a large, mainstream school so I assumed that was typical.

I'm not saying what they do is comparable to other places but if covid is running rampant the weekly testing ought to catch it.

Who says its all over her school? She came back negative.
Back to top

SuperWify




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Nov 29 2020, 1:25 pm
DVOM wrote:
Update:

Amazing, miraculous news!!!

Overnight results came back today....and it was a false positive! We don't need to quarantine!

I'm dizzy and disoriented from this emotional rollercoaster, but so so so grateful. I feel like a jail sentence was just commuted. A jail sentence was just commuted, come to think of it!

Thank you all so much for the prayers and support!


I was just coming here to offer to send you dinner. I’m so happy to hear the good news!!!
Back to top

amother




Mauve
 

Post  Sun, Nov 29 2020, 1:34 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
Who says its all over her school? She came back negative.


DVOM wrote:
But I know that most of y kids in our school are not testing, not quarantining. So how does it help to keep my kids home? Covids running wild in the school anyway.
Back to top
Previous  1, 2 Recent Topics

Page 2 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Issues of Concern within Frum Society -> Coronavirus/ COVID19 Health Concerns

Related Topics Replies Last Post
S/O getting taste back. Did you loose weight?
by amother
4 Thu, Jan 21 2021, 11:50 pm View last post
Please help me get sense of smell back
by amother
31 Thu, Jan 21 2021, 10:57 pm View last post
Write a sentence back to front 5 Tue, Jan 19 2021, 4:48 pm View last post
Name of herb that can help with taste back?
by amother
2 Sun, Jan 17 2021, 5:56 pm View last post
When did your smell/taste come back?
by amother
23 Wed, Jan 13 2021, 10:44 pm View last post