Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Classic cold symptoms. Test?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 28 2020, 6:25 pm
DC , age 4, came home with a mild cold last week. I caught it, as did 2 of my other children, all well under age 8.
I had a runny nose only for around 3 days and now, thanks to post nasal drip, developed a mild cough with phlem.
Does it sound like covid? It's so hard now, with cold season coming up. I cant test all the time.

amother
Gray

Post Sat, Nov 28 2020, 6:28 pm
Omg! I was just thinking if I should take my 5 year old son to get tested. He had a cold/cough and now has slight fever 100.4. Cough is only at night. Also don’t know with 5 kids k”h will I be testing the entire winter. My baby and 3 year old have a cold for 2 weeks now.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 28 2020, 6:30 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
Omg! I was just thinking if I should take my 5 year old son to get tested. He had a cold/cough and now has slight fever 100.4. Cough is only at night. Also don’t know with 5 kids k”h will I be testing the entire winter. My baby and 3 year old have a cold for 2 weeks now.

I know, it's crazy!! Bh no fever here, DCs all just had mild congestion and a very slight cough, maybe a few times a day. Lasted a couple days. Mine lasted around 5 days, pretty congested nose and now mild cough, likely from sleeping on my back the past 5 nights.
Hope your children feel better!

HeartyAppetite

Post Sat, Nov 28 2020, 6:55 pm
Why shouldn't you test, you might as well.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sat, Nov 28 2020, 7:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
DC , age 4, came home with a mild cold last week. I caught it, as did 2 of my other children, all well under age 8.
I had a runny nose only for around 3 days and now, thanks to post nasal drip, developed a mild cough with phlem.
Does it sound like covid? It's so hard now, with cold season coming up. I cant test all the time.

I’ll be the first to say no. It’s the winter, people, especially children and those around them, get colds. Because the weather keeps changing where I am I’ve been congested a few times already, and it’s only just about December!! I’m sorry, but I’m not going to test myself or my kids every time we have a cold.

Simple1

Post Sat, Nov 28 2020, 7:09 pm
HeartyAppetite wrote:
Why shouldn't you test, you might as well.

I'm not so sure. I tested last week for a cold because might as well. But then I worried that I waited on line with possibly sick people who might be contagious and who knows how well the masks work...

gold21

Post Sat, Nov 28 2020, 7:12 pm
To OP, no.

To the poster with child with fever, possibly.

Fabulous

Post Sat, Nov 28 2020, 7:15 pm
Yeah, we had the same. No fever, although my daughter did have strep (recurring). For me it was just a cold. Neither I, nor my doctor nor my pediatrician recommended we test for anything but strep. But we also didn’t have any fever and the coughs were clearly from a post nasal drip.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 28 2020, 7:20 pm
Thanks all!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics