Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
SUPPORT OUR STORES List of frum stores w/ websites that ship
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 2:33 am
Udelny.com

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 2:39 am
amother [ Green ] wrote:
Most of these stores listed are worth millions please stop crying poverty and start living like the rest of us.

I don't own any stores at all. It's still a mitzvah to buy from a Jew if possible.

I apologize if the title of this thread was hurtful to you, if you have an alternative suggestion please share (I originally was debating between this title and "BUY FRUM". Perhaps I should have chosen that.)

mamma llama

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 4:22 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I don't own any stores at all. It's still a mitzvah to buy from a Jew if possible.

I apologize if the title of this thread was hurtful to you, if you have an alternative suggestion please share (I originally was debating between this title and "BUY FRUM". Perhaps I should have chosen that.)

There's nothing wrong with saying to support frum stores! I like the play on SOS. Smile

https://www.basiccolorsonline.com/

https://fallonsplace.com/

https://mayasplaceny.com/

Chickensoupprof

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 4:33 am
In Antwerp Which ships also too the rest of Europe

accessantwerp.be (skirts, shells, head coverings etc)

https://13thavenue.eu/ Hosiery for girls and women, children’s cloths, men’s clothing, girls robes and the like

https://merkazjudaica.eu also ships

Kosher4u.eu groceries ships to everywhere in the eu

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 4:54 am
Quote:
https://13thavenue.eu/

Oh my, boro parkers, aren't you flattered?! Very Happy

jflower

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 4:57 am
Koshervitamins.com

amother
Green

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 9:49 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I apologize if the title of this thread was “hurtful to you have an alternative suggestion please share (I originally was debating between this title and "BUY FRUM". Perhaps I should have chosen that.)

It wasn’t hurtful for me. But your advocating for multimillion dollar worth stores that buy things from China for next to nothing and don’t really pass on those savings to their brethren. I understand they Are not obligated to. I mean maybe we should start feeling bad for B&H too.
I look at it this way each time a Mishpacha buys from Walmart and Amazon that’s money that stays in that frum families pocket. So probably more money stays in frum families Buying from Amazon Walmart and target then supporting local shops.

ExtraCredit

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 10:21 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Thank you for the chesed you are doing! Applause

amf

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 10:24 am
Primretail.com hosiery, basics, jewelry, accessories etc for babies kids and ladies
I think there's free shipping? I'm not sure

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 10:35 am
amother [ Green ] wrote:
It wasn’t hurtful for me. But your advocating for multimillion dollar worth stores that buy things from China for next to nothing and don’t really pass on those savings to their brethren. I understand they Are not obligated to. I mean maybe we should start feeling bad for B&H too.
I look at it this way each time a Mishpacha buys from Walmart and Amazon that’s money that stays in that frum families pocket. So probably more money stays in frum families Buying from Amazon Walmart and target then supporting local shops.

If you find that walmart and amazon work better for you, be my guest. I'm an amazon shopper over small establishments any day.
But its important to clear up this myth I've heard IRL as well: The only multi million dollar establishments mentioned here are Walmart and Amazon.
Things from China don't come flying through the back door for 'next to nothing'.
Business trips, prototypes, designers, translators, brokers, attorneys, patents, production cots, stolen manufacturing runs, costly mistakes in manufacturing runs, shipping, etc. etc. etc.
And local overhead (rent, utilities, wages, advertising, accounting, webmasters and hosting, TAXES, to name just a few) is a huge expense.
And, yes, I do feel bad about the many employees B&H let go.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 10:51 am
Somebody was going to try to make a list of frum Amazon sellers but I don't think that they posted it yet. It is a huge list.
I would also say that in Monsey, sometimes the frum stores have better deals than ShopRite and Walmart. Most frum stores have clearance racks and clearance sales and today my DIL is bringing me the kids so that she can shop at Stolin hall. The man with the truck is really cheap also.
Do yourself a favor and don't just assume that you are getting a better deal at national chain stores.
Mendy's mobile tires is probably the best place for tires so check it out.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 12:30 pm
kalmodestwear.com

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 2:31 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:

You do realize that when when everyone patronizes stores like Walmart and Target, your local community gets poorer and ultimately you are affected?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 2:39 pm
www.drivegoods.com

yksraya

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 2:44 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:

Actually b&h goes above and beyond to hire jews, some of whom other people wouldn't have hired. So yes, when you support b&h, you give parnasa to many.

I don't always buy local. But I try to, in areas where the pricing is same or only a bit more. I do wish local pricing would be more reasonable.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 10:00 pm
www.baytaynu.com

paper goods/foil pans/disposables

updated: coupon code for imamothers! code IMA for 15% off your entire purchase from now until 12/31

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 10:05 pm
FYI, there was a write-up of the shop local initiative in the Hamodia or the FJJ and they quoted a famous rav in boro park (forgot the name) who said "you should shop local and the extra that you paid for shopping local can be from maaser money."

amother
Green

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 10:05 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
You do realize that when when everyone patronizes stores like Walmart and Target, your local community gets poorer and ultimately you are affected?

Shop wherever you want but again your advocating to support the "jewish shark tank ceo's" the revenue of junees is 21 million, oh nuts $ 780,000,double header 1 million, cry me a river for these stores. Lets not even talk about eichelrs.

LittleMissMama

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 10:06 pm
When I was a newish BT and shopping for my wedding in Brooklyn, the service I received turned me off of frum stores forever. It's a miracle I remained frum.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics