Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Where do you keep bath towels between uses?

cheerios

Post Sat, Nov 28 2020, 9:54 pm
For those who get more than 1 use out of your towels, where do you keep them in between uses? Everyone's in the bathroom? Each person's in their room?

lucky14

Post Sat, Nov 28 2020, 10:16 pm
On hooks in the bathroom.

zaq

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 6:54 am
On towel bars in the bathroom. Doesn’t everybody? Our bathroom came with just one bar so we installed our own.

Amarante

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 6:59 am
If multiple people are using a bathroom, then hooks are the only solution since each person would have their own hook.

Of course one could have multiple towel bars for each person but in general towel bars are larger.

Also it is easier for children to hang a damp towel on a hook. If you are hanging a damp towel on a bar you need to spread it out or else it won't dry properly

cheerios

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 7:00 am
Yes, but with many family members sharing a bathroom I was looking for an option that was more aesthetically pleasing to the eye than a row of towels hanging in the bathroom.

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 7:01 am
DH and I hang on hooks in the bathroom. There’s not enough room for more towels, so the kids keep theirs on hooks in their bedroom closets.

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 7:40 am
On an over the door bar that has a few hooks and we put a small label with the kids name on top of each hook.

Amarante

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 7:47 am
cheerios wrote:
Yes, but with many family members sharing a bathroom I was looking for an option that was more aesthetically pleasing to the eye than a row of towels hanging in the bathroom.

Nice white towels and attractive hooks can be aesthetic - or as aesthetic as a bathroom which is shared by that many people will ever be.

If there simply isn't enough space for towels to be hung then as others have suggested, a towel in the bedrooms would work.

mom2mysouls

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 8:09 am
There's the bathtub bar for one. We added another bar on wall, and a multi hook thing over the door. Used towels are reused as a mat for when kids are coming out of the bath, and then they go into the washing machine.

thanks

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 8:57 am
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001.....MKTGT

We have these bars in each bedroom. It attaches to the door hinge. It's a great way to dry and store the bathtowels out of sight.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 9:17 am
As a teen, I shared a bathroom with 2/3 sisters. We had hooks on the bathroom door to keep our towels, but at some point I got grossed out at the thought that one of them would use my towel by mistake, so I took mine back to my room after using it...

Now it’s just me and dh, so we keep our towels in the bathroom.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry