Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Travel agents help!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 9:13 am
Do any of you know what the rule is with a passport expiring in 3 months with traveling to Ukraine?? My husband has an opportunity to go to tzaddikim kevers and his passport is expiring exactly 3 months after his departure date.

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 9:29 am
Why don’t you call the travel agent you’re planning on booking with, and ask them?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 9:31 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
Why don’t you call the travel agent you’re planning on booking with, and ask them?

He’s booking online he doesn’t have a travel agent.

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 9:40 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
He’s booking online he doesn’t have a travel agent.

Travel agents would be willing and eager to help you with that.
They could offer you competitive or better than online prices and provide you with tips and advice that you can’t get online.

So many frum people in the business are really struggling right now.
Don’t expect free guidance from travel agents if you’re booking (from their competitors) online.

(Wife of a travel agent).

doctorima

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 9:54 am
I believe the official rule is that you're not allowed to travel with a passport expiring in less than 6 months. People are sometimes lucky and get away with it, but you're taking a big risk since you're at the mercy of gate agents and passport control. Personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable, even more so to a 3rd world country like Ukraine where you could be delayed, detained, and who knows what.

In normal times, there are places that can get you a rush replacement passport - even overnight if necessary - for a fee. I once did it and considered it money well spent for menuchas hanefesh knowing that my trip would go off without a hitch. If they are currently operating, I would definitely recommend utilizing their services.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 9:55 am
doctorima wrote:
I believe the official rule is that you're not allowed to travel with a passport expiring in less than 6 months. People are sometimes lucky and get away with it, but you're taking a big risk since you're at the mercy of gate agents and passport control. Personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable, even more so to a 3rd world country like Ukraine where you could be delayed, detained, and who knows what.

In normal times, there are places that can get you a rush replacement passport - even overnight if necessary - for a fee. I once did it and considered it money well spent for menuchas hanefesh knowing that my trip would go off without a hitch. If they are currently operating, I would definitely recommend utilizing their services.

The issue is none are operating and the closest passport office due to covid doesn’t have appts.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 10:00 am
You didn't say where he is coming from but this is the united states department of state information for travel to Ukraine. Thats not to say that the airline can't deny you boarding as they are not always familiar with each countries specific requirements.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 10:02 am
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
You didn't say where he is coming from but this is the united states department of state information for travel to Ukraine. Thats not to say that the airline can't deny you boarding as they are not always familiar with each countries specific requirements.

Thanks I didn’t see this anywhere
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics