Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Bnos penina tiferes yechiel Lakewood
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 2:33 pm
Are these schools strictly chassidish, or do they have litvish kids too?

Asking for litvish yiddish speaking family moving from Europe to Lakewood, kids don’t speak English, so they were recommended to send to these chassidish schools until kids get fluent English speakers. (Their kids are still very young, 3 & 4 year old)

Will a boy in tiferes yechiel even learn to speak a fluent English, if they mostly speak Yiddish?

Are there any other schools you’d recommend?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 7:31 pm
Bump. Lakewood moms, any info?

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 7:36 pm
I wonder how many kids in those schools even speak Yiddish? The families I know that send there, the kids may understand Yiddish (hear it spoken by teachers, fathers, grandparents etc) but don’t speak much of it themselves. I can hear why someone would recommend those schools over fully yeshivish schools where there is even less Yiddish spoken, I guess here at least the kids will understand them

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 7:42 pm
Why not send to yiddish speaking private morahs? Once they have friends there they can decide which school to send to. It might be smart to send them to a school with some friends from the morah.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 7:46 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Why not send to yiddish speaking private morahs? Once they have friends there they can decide which school to send to. It might be smart to send them to a school with some friends from the morah.

Right they’re still very young and will probably pick up the language pretty quickly, so a private morah might be a good idea.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 7:50 pm
Yes khaki, I guess the kids will at least understand what they are saying.. didn’t know they’re generally English speaking.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 7:52 pm
Does tiferes yechiel use chassidish Havara?

bnm

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 8:01 pm
Tiferes Yecheil speaks Yiddish, mostly chasidish families. Even if they don't speak 100 percent yiddish at home they speak/understand. Bnos Penina isn't chasidish. They teich Chumesh to English. First grade does do teich to Yiddish then English.

bnm

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 8:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Does tiferes yechiel use chassidish Havara?

yes

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 8:08 pm
bnm wrote:
Tiferes Yecheil speaks Yiddish, mostly chasidish families. Even if they don't speak 100 percent yiddish at home they speak/understand. Bnos Penina isn't chasidish. They teich Chumesh to English. First grade does do teich to Yiddish then English.

Ok thanks for info. But they do speak enough English so her son can learn to speak it, right? Will a litvish boy feel out of place there?

Bnos penina does have Yiddish speaking/understanding kids, right?

bnm

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 9:08 pm
They don't talk Yiddish in school or among themselves. It is all in English. (the girls school)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 9:25 pm
bnm wrote:
They don't talk Yiddish in school or among themselves. It is all in English. (the girls school)

Oh. Does it even make any sense to put a Yiddish speaking kid in there?
Not sure why this school was recommended if that’s the case.

And what about tiferes yechiel? Still don’t get the picture. Do the kids speak English among themselves or only/mostly Yiddish?

bnm

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 9:29 pm
I don't understand the girls school recommendation. The boys school one makes more sense. How old are the children?

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 9:30 pm
3 and 4 yr olds can just be enrolled in any school. They will pick up the langauge in a few weeks. No need to get a tutor.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 9:38 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
3 and 4 yr olds can just be enrolled in any school. They will pick up the langauge in a few weeks. No need to get a tutor.

She thought so, but wasn’t sure if she can just put them into a school where they won’t be able to communicate and socialize.
They will move next year, so her kids will actually be 4 & 5. Do you think it’ll be harder for them, or is it young enough?

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 9:39 pm
Are they coming from Belgium?

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 9:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
She thought so, but wasn’t sure if she can just put them into a school where they won’t be able to communicate and socialize.
They will move next year, so her kids will actually be 4 & 5. Do you think it’ll be harder for them, or is it young enough?

totally fine IMO

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 9:41 pm
I send to these 2 schools.
My 4 year old speaks english fully to the other boys and only the teachers speak yiddish.
He will have a hard time there..

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 9:41 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
Are they coming from Belgium?

Yes

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 9:42 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
totally fine IMO

Let’s hope so
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries