Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Iso fresh nuts brooklyn not stale like in groceries that

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 3:52 pm
supposedly pack that week per the date on the package but are stale? Also cheapest place to buy it?
I bought sweet pecans recently $17 a lb in a large grocery where I do most of my shopping. The store repacks the nuts- the date is from the same week, but the nuts are stale. This happened twice. My guess is that they're just sitting for a long time and then they're repacked into smaller containers and once they repack they can change the date to when they repacked it. Where in Brooklyn can I buy nuts that are fresh and that are replenished on a regular basis?

Tzippy323

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 3:56 pm
I order my nuts from nuts.com. Their products are fresh, delivered very promptly, and have heksharim.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 5:48 pm
KRM's packaged nuts from Klein's are delicious.

mommish613

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 5:51 pm
The nuttery- freshest nuts around!

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 6:07 pm
mommish613 wrote:
The nuttery- freshest nuts around!

I ageee but not necessarily cheap

STovah

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 6:24 pm
I’ll second the KRM recommendation, have never had an issue with their repackaged nuts or dried fruit.

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 7:47 pm
I go to Oh Nuts. I buy shelled pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, brazil nuts, raw cashews, hazelnuts, unsalted roasted pistachios for YEARS. Quite a few foodies go there for fresh nuts.

COSTCO has some good fresh raw nuts like pignolia (pine), pecan, almonds, walnuts. They have roasted salted pistachios as well. Everything else, oh nuts. Costco also has excellent prices on unsulfured mango, figs and 2 kinds of dates. Read the packages, prices can't be beat.

Eta I'm looking for fresh raw nuts. I assume if a store carries fresh raw nuts, they carry fresh roasted salted nuts too.

egam

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 8:05 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:

COSTCO has some good fresh raw nuts like pignolia (pine), pecan, almonds, walnuts. They have roasted salted pistachios as well. Everything else, oh nuts. Costco also has excellent prices on unsulfured mango, figs and 2 kinds of dates. Read the packages, prices can't be beat.

This 👆🏻
I buy all nuts in Costco. They also have roasted hazelnuts and different jars of roasted nuts. I pay $12 for a 3 lb bag of pecans. We go very quickly through them, but if you don’t, you can keep them in a freezer for a very long time. You can easily roast them yourself.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen