Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Why Americans happy in israel but Israelies miserable in USA
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

What are you?
Israeli in the US and happy  
 5%  [ 7 ]
Israeli in the US and miserable  
 3%  [ 4 ]
American in the US and happy  
 64%  [ 77 ]
American in Israel and miserable  
 2%  [ 3 ]
American in Israel and happy  
 24%  [ 29 ]
Total Votes : 120

yonabets

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 4:38 pm
American people are never alone in Israel.
Everybody speak English.
Very often they live with American around them...
There is an "American Life" in Israel.(amoung datiim/chachedims/and even chilonims)

But you are in USA.
How many Israeli live with you!?!
It's much harder for you!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 4:44 pm
yonabets wrote:
American people are never alone in Israel.
Everybody speak English.
Very often they live with American around them...
There is an "American Life" in Israel.(amoung datiim/chachedims/and even chilonims)

But you are in USA.
How many Israeli live with you!?!
It's much harder for you!

I know they have Anglo communities in israel but I got the impression that the Americans also like Israel overall.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 4:45 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
edit your original post.

I tried but it only shows me the post t edit not the poll

Angel

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 4:45 pm
There is something to living in Israel that I cant explain. Lived in Israel for a few yrs after got married. Am back in the US now for a while already. Cant say am miserable but I deff miss Israel alot. Over there I felt so much more alive! Am not lacking anything here, but whenever my husband asks me what I miss about Israel so much, the answer is LIFE. I cant explain it, but life there is plain filled with LIFE.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 4:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I know they have Anglo communities in israel but I got the impression that the Americans also like Israel overall.
I think its a hard concept for americans to actually take in, but YES, we do love israel over all. I know americans who have been living here for over 40 years. They love israel and living here. From all walks of jewish life.

yc

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 4:47 pm
this post is really an over generalization!
but truly as an american olah to israel, I know why I left there and why I live here. I am happy despite the imperfections of life here.
otoh my kids see the US as being glamorous. ya know the streets are paved with gold over there.
some can't wait to make their fortune in the 'goldene medinah' unfortunately. they may just end up a statistic on your poll one day of israelis unhappy in the US

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 4:56 pm
Angel wrote:
There is something to living in Israel that I cant explain. Lived in Israel for a few yrs after got married. Am back in the US now for a while already. Cant say am miserable but I deff miss Israel alot. Over there I felt so much more alive! Am not lacking anything here, but whenever my husband asks me what I miss about Israel so much, the answer is LIFE. I cant explain it, but life there is plain filled with LIFE.

Exactly what I think. I feel like I live in a dead place here. You put it right. I heard other Israelies say that. You are an American and feel itImagine growing up in israel. I feel it much more.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 4:57 pm
yc wrote:
this post is really an over generalization!
but truly as an american olah to israel, I know why I left there and why I live here. I am happy despite the imperfections of life here.
otoh my kids see the US as being glamorous. ya know the streets are paved with gold over there.
some can't wait to make their fortune in the 'goldene medinah' unfortunately. they may just end up a statistic on your poll one day of israelis unhappy in the US

You are right.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 5:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m just wondering. I’m Israeli in the US and I’m homesick and miserable. Every Israeli I know here hate it here and missed israel. And not from religious reasons. It’s the mentality it’s very different
As an Israeli in America understand you very well.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 5:02 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
As an Israeli understand you very well.

Most of the Israeli women I know are very unhappy in America. From secular to charedi.

Most of the Israeli men I know are fine. Secular to charedi.

Mommyg8

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 5:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Exactly Americans are very happy in israel but the Israelies I know in the US wish they can go back to Israel but can’t because of numerous reasons

That's because the Americans who are not happy in Israel come back, so you're not meeting them.

I do. And there are plenty.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 5:19 pm
I never met an Israeli woman that likes it in the US.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 5:21 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
Most of the Israeli women I know are very unhappy in America. From secular to charedi.

Most of the Israeli men I know are fine. Secular to charedi.

You are an American. They won’t insult you and tell you that they don’t like it. Anyway did you ask them directly. I don’t tell my American friends that I hate it here. It just never comes up and I don’t think it’s the right thing to say.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 5:22 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
That's because the Americans who are not happy in Israel come back, so you're not meeting them.

I do. And there are plenty.

Not everyone can go back. After 10 years or more the children already have roots here. My children were born here.

Mommyg8

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 5:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Not everyone can go back. After 10 years or more the children already have roots here. My children were born here.

I think that's the difference. If Americans don't like Israel, or cant make it in Israel, they hop on the plane and come back. Its possible that the reverse is not as easy.... maybe it's not as easy to go back to Israel.

But I know plenty of people who have come back from Israel even after 10 years.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 5:27 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
I think that's the difference. If Americans don't like Israel, or cant make it in Israel, they hop on the plane and come back. Its possible that the reverse is not as easy.... maybe it's not as easy to go back to Israel.

But I know plenty of people who have come back from Israel even after 10 years.
Im wondering why you think that.

ANd I always find these conversations so interesting. I personally know maybe 2 families in the 18 years that I am here, that went back to where they came from. Where are all of these people leaving Israel?

Mommyg8

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 5:29 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Im wondering why you think that.

ANd I always find these conversations so interesting. I personally know maybe 2 families in the 18 years that I am here, that went back to where they came from. Where are all of these people leaving Israel?

Well, obviously, since I live in America... I meet people all the time who tried living in Israel and came back. You wouldn't meet them because you're in Israel. Think about this.

ETA: I don't mean family and friends (although that too!). I mean people I meet in the grocery store, the park....

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 5:31 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
Well, obviously, since I live in America... I meet people all the time who tried living in Israel and came back. You wouldn't meet them because you're in Israel. Think about this.
Sigh, Im saying I dont know people that have lived here and then go back. Meaning, someone in my community, who I may have known, who then went back, afte I had met them. I dont know almost anyone.
One family I knew couldnt cut it and the other family had mental health issues that needed to be near family. But over all I am not hearing about people leaving.

gold21

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 5:34 pm
There are established American communities in Israel

Are there established israeli communities in America?

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 5:35 pm
gold21 wrote:
There are established American communities in Israel

Are there established israeli communities in America?
SUch as?
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics