Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Help calm me down

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 3:29 pm
BH giving birth soon and really nervous and being in the hospital with all the germs. I'm also nervous about someone coming to stay in our house to watch lo while in the hospital. We don't have antibodies and don't want anyone to bring something into our house. I would rather my dh stay home with lo and give birth alone than have someone stay at our house. What if my dh catches something at the hospital and won't be a help in the long run.
We're so careful with where we go and who we allow in the house and this is stressing me out.
Venting. Suggestions?

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 3:33 pm
Where do you live? In Brooklyn, there aren’t so many cases that you need to be worried. Would you look into doing a home-birth? Also, did you not realize there was a pandemic happening when you got pregnant? Also bshaa Tova Smile

Elfrida

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 3:34 pm
Find someone with antibodies to watch the children so your husband can come with you.

Or have your husband stay home with the children and get a doula with antibodies to come with you.

Be aware that most people get over the acute stage of Corona within a few days, so even if he does catch it, he is unlikely to be incapacitated for an extended period.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 3:35 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
Where do you live? In Brooklyn, there aren’t so many cases that you need to be worried. Would you look into doing a home-birth? Also, did you not realize there was a pandemic happening when you got pregnant? Also bshaa Tova Smile

I gave birth three weeks ago and was already about 5 weeks pregnant when the pandemic really hit. So very possibly OP got pregnant before she in fact realized there was a pandemic happening.

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 3:37 pm
In the hospital you and everyone you encounter will be masked. Your chances of getting it there is very low

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 3:39 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
I gave birth three weeks ago and was already about 5 weeks pregnant when the pandemic really hit. So very possibly OP got pregnant before she in fact realized there was a pandemic happening.

Mazel Tov! That’s a good point. I assumed by “due soon”, she meant “in a month.” But I really have no idea. If she lives in an area that already got hit bad, then she should be fine.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 3:49 pm
B'shaah Tovah!

Just want to say I know a lot of women who have given birth this past year and they and their husbands and babies were all fine B"H!

Wishing you health and happiness!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 4:40 pm
And for all these months my husband stayed home to protect me, didn't go to shul, supermarkets, errands. Worst mistake because he has no immunity. Wish I wouldn't have had him been so overprotective because now he is going to be the one doing errands and exposing himself...

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 4:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
And for all these months my husband stayed home to protect me, didn't go to shul, supermarkets, errands. Worst mistake because he has no immunity. Wish I wouldn't have had him been so overprotective because now he is going to be the one doing errands and exposing himself...

I don’t think that’s the worst mistake... it would be worse if he got it, brought it back to you, and then you’d have pregnancy complications or worse... That would be the worst.
We don’t know the long term effects, so even if he did get it and then was (temporarily?) immune, you wouldn’t want him to G-d forbid have issue down the line.

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 5:29 pm
So keep doing what you were doing (during pregnancy) in terms of keeping him home from shul and avoiding Stores if you’re so panicked (are people in your neighborhood wearing masks?)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 6:28 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
So keep doing what you were doing (during pregnancy) in terms of keeping him home from shul and avoiding Stores if you’re so panicked (are people in your neighborhood wearing masks?)

Barely. He went out to a few places today with people not wearing a mask and he came home and collapsed on the couch. Ssid he wasn't feeling well. Same thing happened the other week when he was with people not wearing a mask. He wears a mask but the exposure is the problem.

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 6:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Barely. He went out to a few places today with people not wearing a mask and he came home and collapsed on the couch. Ssid he wasn't feeling well. Same thing happened the other week when he was with people not wearing a mask. He wears a mask but the exposure is the problem.

Ok so if he stayed in for 7 months let him keep staying in till you feel comfortable otherwise
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics